Chapter 45

Maria pov
-5 week's later-
I laid on the couch bored out of my mind and trying to focus on the 11 o'clock news.

"Can I get you anything, Maria?" Alfred asked.
"I don't know," I said as I put my arm over my eyes.
"If you think of anything, let me know." He said.
"Wait," I sat up.
"Can you make cookies with white chocolate chips and cranberries?" I asked.
"Sure, but I believe Master Bruce may fight you for them." He said as I got up.
"I'm willing to fight him as long as I get some cookies for my baby." I Said as I rested my hands on my stomach.
"I'll let him know." Alfred went to the kitchen.

I went to the library and picked a book off the shelf. It was a collection of poems by Emily Dickens. So I sprawled out on the couch and started reading.

Right as I finished reading, Alfred came in with a plate of cookies.

"Thank you so much." I said as I took the plate.
"I'd eat as many as you can now before the boys get back from patrol." He said.
"Thank you Alfred." I said as I set the plate on the coffee table so I could put the book up. Alfred said good night and retired for the night.

I picked up the plate and took it to the BatCave. Bruce sat at his computer typing away.
"Trouble sleeping?" He asked without looking at me.
"Ya the baby's a bit restless tonight. They always seem to get restless around thirty weeks" I Said as I set the tray down. I took one and offered it to Bruce. "Cookie?" I asked.
"No thank you, you eat them." He said.
"They're cranberry and white chocolate."

Bruce looked at me and took the one I offered. I took one for myself and ate it.

We shared the cookies till there was one left. 
"Good night Bruce." I said as I attempted to stretch my back.
"Good night Maria, thank you for bringing me cookies."
"Your welcome, thank Alfred for making them." I Said as I ascended the stairs back into the house.

The next morning I went to work. Dick dropped our kids off and I went straight to work. I had pictures I needed to get to Jeremy for his article.

I rushed into the office and took my seat and started uploading the pictures.

"Hey Anastasia help us discuss this debate. What do you think Bruce Wayne's favorite type of cookie is?" Carlos asked as he and Kenton stood in front of me.
"Easy, his butler Alfred's cranberry with white chocolate chips. He actually made some last night and we split the entire tray." I said.
"Weird I though her would have been a more traditional kind of guy and like chocolate chip cookies." Kenton Said.
"I would have though oatmeal raisin." Carlos said.
"Who likes Oatmeal raisin?" Jeremy asked in discuss.
"I like oatmeal raisin."  I said.
"Has your doctor cleared you to eat raisins while pregnant?" Jeremy out his hand on my stomach.
"Yes She has." I brushed his hand off.

We spent most of the day still discussing the different types of cookies. Which honestly didn't help my cravings.

•••

"Have a good night, be safe." I said as I sat up to hug Dick. He hugged me then kissed me.
"I always do. Be good for Mom," he said as he put his hand on my swollen stomach. I pushed his hand away.
"Now you've waken her." I pouted as she kicked me.
"I'm sorry," he gave me another kiss and the put his mask on and left.

"Mama," I heard Jamie moan as she climbed into bed with me.
"What sweetie?" I asked as I let her curl up against me.
"I don't feel good," she said before throwing up on me.

I picked Jamie up and carried her to the bathroom right in time for her to throw up again.
"Mommy's going to be right back." I Said as I pulled her hair back and put it in a pony tail.