Chapter 34

Maria pov
I sat at my desk looking for something that would give me the chance to prove Anastasia could make it as a reporter.

I came across something in the Star City Times. The word Venenum showed up in an article. And it wasn't one I had written ten years ago. It was a new article, I read it and the drug was back on the street. I copied the link and forwarded it to Ollie along with the message.

"This is my business. Don't touch it till I get there." I Said.

"Alright kid," he texted back.

I printed the article and circled the name of the drug. I took it too my editor.

"That is a drug that appeared on Star City University's campus back when I was in college. Zodiac took the manufacturing out and it hasn't been on the market since. I know Star City, my husband has In-laws in the City. I can go out there and get the scoop before anyone else notices that this little campus newspaper has published this." I Said.

"Alright, can you provide your own transportation and lodging?" The editor asked.

"Yes sir, I can." I Said.

"Alright then get out there." He waved me away.

I ran to my desk and packed my laptop and camera up.

"Where are you going?" Jeremy asked.

"Star City. I'm gonna prove I can be a reporter." I Smiled.

"Good luck." Jeremy said.

I went back to the manor and I called Dick to tell him about my new assignment.

"So do you believe Slade has started up manufacturing again?" Dick asked.

"That is my guess. But I'm gonna investigate and eventually shut it down." I Said. "But I'll call back up if Slade's in the city."

"You better I don't want to to end up how you did last time." Dick said.

"I will." I smiled.

I heard Wally crying in the nursery. I went in there and got him.

"Hey would you be okay if I took Wally with me?" I asked.

"Why?" Dick asked.

"Just to ease the stress while I'm gone. And I promised not to leave you with a new born." I Said.

"He's just six months old." Dick said.

"I know but I know Team Arrow is going to want to see him." I Said.

"Are you going to take your bow?" Dick asked.

"I should. I need to work on my aim." I Said.

"Alright, I believe your bow is in the cave." Dick said.

I finished packing and then got Wally ready for the trip. I got my bow down and put it in it's case before leaving with it, my suitcase and Wally.

I got to the manor and went upstairs.

"Ollie! Dinah!" I called.

Wally giggled and grabbed my hair. I went into he living room and Thea was there with Ollie and Dinah.

"Hey how are you?" Thea asked.

"I'm good," I Said as I put my bags down.

"What are you doing back here in Star City?" She asked.

"Venenum is back on the market here. And so I came to shut it all down." I Said.

"And She will have Team Arrow's help." Ollie said as he took Wally.

"Did you bring the Green Arrow Onesie?" He asked.

"Yes, I bought a bigger one so he can wear it." I Said.

I finished suiting up and then I picked Wally up. He was asleep in his Green Arrow Onesie. This one actually had a hood. I covered him in a blanket as he gripped onto his lubby. I took my cloak and put it on since the stealth feature in my suit was broken and I hadn't fixed it.

I went with Ollie and Dinah to the Bunker. Felicity came over to me.

"Hey's precious." She whispered not wanting to wake him.

"And you get to watch him tonight." I Said as I gave her Wally.

"Really?" She said softly.

"Does he need anything?" She asked.

"No he's sleeping through the nights now. If he stirs and let out a little cry. Just bounce him and he'll go back to sleep." I Said.

"Alright," Felicity said.

I kissed Wally's forehead. I put my cloak on and left with Ollie. He dropped me off at the former warehouse that had been the former manufacturing headquarters.

I flew to the roof and snuck In Through the air vent. I went to the catwalk and sure enough operation was back up and running. I pulled my cloak around me and put the hood up. I watched them below working. I looked around and there were two armed men up on the car walk. I Said an I visibility spell and I silently took them both out. I planned my attack out before I dropped my home made smoke bombs. They went off and I dropped down and started taking out the men one by one. When I came across an employee I made them run for the exit. This mission was such a textbook mission. I Said a spell that dispersed the smoke and all but two guards were left and one worker. I instantly felt rage when I saw they had a gun to her head.

"Let her go." I Said as I turned my voice scrambler on.

The goon pushed the gun harder against her skull.

"Don't move Phoenix." The other goon said aiming his gun at me.

"I'm not usually one to take orders." I Said.

I turned invisible and the two goons freaked out not knowing where I was. I snuck around behind them careful not to disturb the rickety tables. I got the worker under my cloak and got her out the door. I went back in and took care of the two goons. But the mission didn't come easily, these two were hyped up on some steroid. It reminded me of Bane's drug Venom. It took an exhausting fight for me to finally take the first one down. The other goon shot me in the calf and I grabbed a tray and threw it at him before kicking him. I used some magic but in the end I had won and my energy drained. I limped out of the building and called for a motor cycle. I bandaged my leg and left and went to the bunker to see myself up.

Slade pov
Phoenix had cleared out my business warehouse. It was done in the very similar manner that Zodiac had done it. Bane walked in.

"What happened to our operation?" He asked.

"A pesky hero. Got in the way." I Said.

I saw a trail of blood on the floor. I went over and dipped my fingers in it.

"Someone's been shot." I said examining the blood.

"Hand me That vile." I Said to Bane.

He gave me it and o took a sample of the blood.

"Only one person could have known this was my manufacturing warehouse. And she's six feet in the ground." I Said to Bane.

"So Let's See If Phoenix is who she says she is." I Said.

____________________________
A/n: sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was really busy and I didn't have this chapter written. Sorry.
-Zodiac