Chapter 39

-a year later-
Kaldur and I were on a mission together. I don't know why, Phoenix was chosen to help catch Killer Croc and Shark. Well I guess it is because I have a connection with Croc.

"Ready?" Kaldur asked as I put my goggles over my mask on.

"Ready," I said as I picked up my propulsion scooter.

"I'll lead the way." Kaldur said then jumped off the dock into San Francisco Bay.

I put my rebreather in my mouth and jumped in after Kaldur. I turned the propulsion scooter on and followed Kaldur.

Croc and Shark had been committed many acts of piracy in the San Francisco Bay. At first it was yachts, then it moved on to big transport ships. That's when it got the Justice Leauge's attention.

"We're nearly there," Kaldur said.

I turned my scooter off and attacked it to my back, like a backpack and grabbed onto Kaldur. I gave him the okay sign to tell him I was good.

We got to the spot where Croc and Shark were holding up and we snuck up to get a look. No one was there but I knew that that was never the case.

"You take the land and look for Killer Croc, I'll look for Killer Shark in the water." Kaldur said.

I nodded. I poked my head up again and saw nothing. I climbed up  onto the dock and took my rebreather, scooter and goggles off. I set my gear on the dock and crept over to the loot the two had gathered in the past two weeks.

"Pretty impressive isn't it," I turned and threw a batarang at Croc. He just blocked it. "You've gotten lazy." Croc said.

"No I haven't." I Said. I took my handy bow out and loaded it with the electric arrows.

"When did you learn to use a bow?" Croc asked as I fired the arrows. 

It latched onto his hide and electrocuted him. I took some steps back and he fell over.

"Got mine, Kaldur. What's your position?" I radioed.

"Ugh! Kind of busy," Kaldur grunted.

Killer Shark came flying out the water and landed on Croc.

Kaldur jumped out, "nice going," I said.

"You too," he said. We high fived.

"I'll contact Belle Reve and have them send a transport bus." I said as I brought my computer up.

When the message was sent, we went to the dock and I packed up my gear back on.

Kaldur pov
I watched Maria pack up her things. She let out a small laugh and looked up.

"I feel like I should have told you this earlier, but I might as well tell you this now." She said as she stood up.

"What is it?" I asked utterly confused on what she was about to tell me.

"I'm-" Human Flying Fish leaped from the water grabbed Maria and jumped back into the water with her.

"Phoenix!" I yelled.

Before I could jump in after her, Croc and Shark grabbed me and pulled me into the water. Maria was fighting Human Flying Fish. But Maria was slow in the water. Human Flying Fish grabbed her and held her against him.

"The more you struggle the more air you loose." He said.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." I said as Shark held me. Croc Swan over and took Maria's utility belt. Maria had a pleasing look in her eye for me to save her, But I couldn't.

"In a few minutes Argus Agents will be all over this cave." I said.

"And by then it'll be too late for her." Human Flying Fish said. Maria exhaled a bit. Her eyes were screaming for air.

"Aqualad to tower, we need assistance stat!" I radioed.

"Sorry no signal!" Croc said as he took my ear piece

"Aqualad what's your position?" I heard My King radio.

Croc then smashed the radio. Shark took me to the bottom and held me there. Human Flying Fish still held onto Maria about ten feet above me. Croc and Shark chained me to the bottom of the cave. I pulled on the chains. I couldn't get free. Maria's head dropped forward and Human Flying Fish let her go. She released her remaining air and sunk down to the bottom and her eyes were closed.

The three villains swam out of the cave As the Argus boat pulled in. I used magic and broke the chains. I grabbed Maria and swam to the surface. I took her ear piece.

"My King, Human Flying Fish (a/n: Human Flying Fish is an old Aquaman villain) is with Killer Shark and Croc." I radioed.

"I've spotted them." He radioed.

I got Maria to the dock and she wasn't breathing. I started CPR, while the Argus Agents were clearly more concerned about the loot.

"Come on Phoenix don't quit on me." I yelled at her. I put my lips on hers and exhaled before going back to the compressions. I checked her pulse and found a faint one.

"Come on Phoenix." I said as I continued compressions. Maria opened her eyes and coughed up some water.

"You alright?" I asked as I helped her sit up. She looked down to her stomach.

"My baby?" She asked with a hand on her stomach.

"We'll get you checked out." A woman said as she came over and helped me get Maria to her feet.

"Thanks Lylah." Maria said.

When Maria was being taken care of I dove back in and went to assist My King.

Maria pov
They took me back to the local Argus base and took me to be examined.

"So child number four?" Lylah asked.

"Don't tell Diggle, Dick and I just found out recently we haven't even told the rest of the BatFamily." I said.

"If you knew you were pregnant why did you come on this mission?" Lylah asked.

"Because Dick and I felt comfortable about me doing this mission with Kaldur. It was supposed to be a simple mission. We weren't expecting Human Flying Fish to show up." I said.

The doctor came in and did an examination and my baby was perfectly fine.

The doctor left and I got my suit back on. Lylah was walking me to the door when Dick ran in,

"hey are you alright? Kaldur just told me what happened." He said as he put his hands on my stomach.

"Were fine, Lylah got me checked out and our baby is fine." I said putting my hands on my stomach.

"Kaldur told me you nearly died." Dick said as he hugged me.

"We're fine, Kaldur saved my life." I said as I hugged him back.

"Thank goodness for Kaldur." Dick Said. He let go of me and we went to the tower.

Kaldur had my utility belt and bow. "Thank you so much for Saving me for saving us." I said as I rested my hands on my stomach.

"You are welcome, is that what you were going to tell me before Human Flying Fish grabbed you?" Kaldur asked.

"It was." I smiled as Dick wrapped his arms around me.

We went back to the manor and our kids were asleep so we got our dinner then went to sleep.

___________________________
A/n: Hey Another time skip.
-Zodiac