Chapter 46

When I woke up I was extremely hungry. I got something to eat, then went and checked on my boys.

"Mama, what's wrong with Jamie?" Justice asked as I sat on the floor with them.
"She's really sick but Grandad and Alfred are taking care of her." I said as Wally came over to us and he climbed on my back.
"Ooh buddy don't do that," I said as I pulled his arms off me. "That hurts Mommy's back." I Said as Wally put his hand on my stomach.
"Do you wanna feel your baby sister?" I asked.
"Ya," he said.
"Let's see if we can get her moving." I rubbed my stomach and got her kicking so Wally and Justice could feel.

"Maria, are you in here?" Dick asked as he came in.
"I am," I said.
"Hey boys." Dick hugged our boys and sat on the floor with me.
"Are you alright?" He asked.
"I'm fine, how's Jamie?" I asked.
"She had another seizure, so we've sedated her. Bruce and Tim are still working on a cure." He said.
"We need to go after Talia, she's bound to have a cure." I said.
"But that is too much of a risk I'm not willing to take." Dick Said.
"Help me up." I said holding my arms up.

He helped me up and I dragged him out.
"If it were me down there fighting for my life would you not go after Talia?" I asked.
"If it were you, I would have gone after her." He said then I punched him.
"Why is Jamie any different? Why am I more important than our first born? You love Jamie, and you love me and Justice and Wally and this baby. So why won't you save our daughter?" I asked.
"Ugh, I just can't,"
"why not!" I yelled at him.
"Because!" He yelled at me. I slapped him.
"Pull yourself together Grayson! And give me a valid answer." I yelled as I threw another punch. He dodged it.
"I am together, you are not!" He yelled. I grabbed him and held him to the edge of the railing like I was going to push him over.
"I've got my crap together, you don't so pull yourself together and save our baby girl or I will." I said.
"You can't, you're pregnant." He said.
"I can handle myself. After all I did fight Black Paisley when I was farther along than I am now, when I was pregnant with Justice." I let him go and walked toward the stairs.
"Come find me when you're ready to save our daughter's life." I said as I descended the stairs.

I went to the cave and spent the rest of the day with Jamie.

I finally went up for dinner. Selina was joining the family for dinner. I sat on the other side of the table with Tim and Jason.

"Why aren't you sitting with Dick?" Tim asked.
"He knows why," I said as I glanced at my husband. He didn't even look up at me.
"Are you two having marital problems?" Jason asked.
"When did you become so concerned with our marriage?" Dick snapped.
"Sorry just curious." Jason Said.
"Well curiosity killed the cat, no offense Selina." Dick spat.
"None taken." She said.
"His curiosity isn't going to kill anyone, but your selfishness will. And if you don't do anything I will." I Said.
"You are in no condition to be a superhero, much less go up against an Al Ghul." Dick Said.
"Wait what?" Damien asked.
"Your mother has poisoned Jamie. She spent all last night throwing up and this morning she had a seizure and after that Talia showed up saying she didn't want anything from Dick and I, because it was between you and your father. But she brought me into it when she poisoned my daughter." I said.
"It's their problem," Dick Said.
"It's our daughter, so it's also our problem." I said.
"I understand that but we can handle it." Dick Said.
"You've done nothing today. Bruce and Tim have been working all day on a cure. You should have been scouting the city, searching for Talia. She can't be far." I said.
"Well I'm sorry I didn't, I was concerned about you." He said.
"Right now I should be the least of your worries I can take care of myself."
"Your being stupid." Dick Said.
"Stupid? The only one being stupid is you, Circus Freak!" I yelled.
"Witch!" He yelled.
"Sidekick!"
"Arrow wanna be!"
"Batman wanna be!"
"Villain!" Dick yelled, he then realize what he'd said. I got up.
"I've lost my appetite." I said as I wiped my mouth.
"Maria, I'm sorry," he said as I waddled to the door, I turned back to my husband who was standing in front of me. "Sometimes you really can be a dick." I Said then left.

I went up to my room and started crying. I sat on the couch in my sitting room crying. I held my knees as closely as I could. A knock came at the door.

"Go away!" I yelled as tears rolled down my cheek.
"Maria let me in." I heard my husband say.
"I don't want to talk to you." I said. "Maria please let me in, I'm sorry." He said.
"Go away Richard." I said as I buried my face into a pillow.

The door opened and I threw the pillow. "I Said go away, Richard!" I yelled As the  pillow hit Selina.
"Hey," she said then she picked up the pillow.
"What do you want?" I snapped.
"I want to talk," she said as she came over to me and sat on the couch.
"What's wrong?" She asked.
"My baby girl is dying and I can't do anything to help her. And my husband isn't helping." I Said as Selina wiped the tears off my cheek.
"You've expressed this to him and why do you think he's not doing anything?" She asked.
"Because he's a selfish bastard." I said.
"Well probably not that." Selina put her hand on my stomach. "Maria, he's worried that you may do something stupid that will risk your other baby girl's life. If Talia hurts you, Jamie's life won't be the only life lost. You could loose both daughters." Selina said. I felt my baby kick her hand.
"This reminds me of Bel Reve." She chuckled.
"Except much better living arrangements and no collars." I said as I rubbed my neck. She laughed.
"He's really is sorry about all of it. Bruce gave him a long lecture and it knocked some sense into him." She said.
"Is he still outside the door?" I asked.
"No he left, to track Talia." She said. I sat up.
"But he was just outside, before you came in." I said.
"He was, but once he realized the only way to please you was to track Talia down. Jason went with him." She said. 

I waited up for Dick to return.
"Did you find her?" I asked as he came in.
"Hey you're still wake." He said surprised.
"That I am, we left some things unsaid. And as my parents always said the way to a happy marriage is to always go to bed happy." I said. Dick chuckled as he changed.

"So did you find her?" I asked.
"I did,"
"is she on her way to Belle Reve?"
"No,"
I stopped in my tracks. "What do you mean, she's not."
"I was compromised and it was just a recognizance mission. I swear I'll go back out later after I've rested." Dick Said.
"Alright," I said as I took a deep breath. I was going to take things into my own hands now.

___________________________
A/n: well Things are heating up between Dick and Maria.
-Zodiac