Chapter 15

In the morning I got up and got ready for work. Dick got up and I rubbed more aloe on his sunburn.

I got dressed and grabbed my laptop and purse.

"So you have a doctor's appointment this afternoon after work." Dick said.

"Will you be coming with me?" I asked.

"You know it." He kissed my head.

We went to breakfast with Bruce then left. Since Tim, Damien and Jason weren't at school or doing who knows what. We "let" them watch our children while we were at work.

I wiped my mouth and then Dick and I left for work.

"This is Gotham radio, we've still got the sun in the sky and it's baking the city. Today's high's will be in the hundreds as this heatwave hits the city. So stay cool and stay hydrated in this heat." The guy on the radio said.

"The one day your ac breaks." I moan as I fanned myself.

"Sorry baby." Dick leaned over and kissed my head.

"I'm gonna be late to work." I complained.

"No you won't." Dick said.

The traffic moved and Dick was able to get off the interstate.

Dick kissed me.

"Have a good day." He said.

"You too, love you." I Said as I got out of the car.

"Love you too." He said.

I waved then closed the door. I ran to the building and to the elevator.

I sat down at my desk and sighed.

"How was your forth of July party? Jonathan and I could see the fireworks from our house." Jeremy said.

"I'm just glad we didn't get busted for the illegal fireworks we had." I said.

Jeremy laughed. "I actually took some pretty good photos of the fireworks last night." I said.

•••

The work room was like a sauna. I had taken my shirt off and left my tank top on.

"It's so hot!" I rested my head on my desk. I kept my head on the table.

"Can I help you officer?" Jeremy asked.

I looked up and saw Dick. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hello. How are you?" He asked before he kissed my cheek.

"I'm dying of heat." I said.

"Well I brought you lunch." Dick handed me a bag. I took it and it had two salads and two bottles of water.

"Thanks." I said.

"I've got ten more minutes before my partner meets me downstairs. I can stay for lunch." Dick Said.

I cleared off a spot on my desk and Dick sat on my desk as we ate our salads. "I wish Jonathan would do something sweet like bring me lunch." Jeremy said.

I took Dick's hat off my desk and put it on. "Hey what are you doing." He reached for it and I swatted his hand away.

He looked at his watched and wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"I need to go." He said as I reached for his hat again.

I swatted his hand away. He grabbed my wrists and pinned them above my head.

"Give me a kiss and you can take the hat." I smiled.

Dick gave me a kiss and took his hat.

"You're such a bad girl." He teased. I grabbed his arm and pulled him close.

"Come on, Mr. J. I can be a good girl." I Said in a Harley impression. Dick laughed and threw his trash away.

"Do you want to know how I got these scars?" Dick said in a Joker impression. I laughed.

"I'll see you later." I said. Dick kissed my cheek and left.

After work Dick picked me up and we went to my appointment.

The doctor took us back.

"How are you doing?" My doctor asked.

"I'm better my morning sickness has stopped." I said.

"That's good." She said. I lifted my tank top.

"Now this is going to be cold." The doctor squirted the gel on my stomach. I didn't flinch, the gel actually felt refreshing.
Dick took my hand and kissed my hand.

"And here's your baby." The doctor showed us the monitor. I smiled.

"Would you like to know the gender?" My doctor asked.

"Let's have it be a surprise." Dick said.

"I was just about to say that." I smiled.

He kissed me. "Well your baby looks good." My doctor said.

She took a screenshot of our baby. She printed it and gave it to Dick. She wiped the gel off my stomach and I got up.

"So I'll see you again in two weeks. Is the same time alright?." My doctor said as she scheduled an appointment.

"It should be," I said.

"Alright." She schedualed it and handed me a card as a reminder.

Dick drove us home and we went up to the nursery and Jason was playing with Jamie and Justice.

"Hey how's the baby?" He asked.

"Healthy." I smiled as I sat down and played with Jamie. Jamie put her hands on my stomach.

"Is the baby moving?" She asked.

"She hasn't moved much." I said.

"Did you find out the gender today?" Jason asked.

"We decided to not know." Dick said.

"That's boring." Jason said.

"Well when you have children you can decide if you want to know the gender or not." I Said.

"Add the word, if to that phrase. If I have children." Jason corrected.

"What ever floats your goat." I Said.

"What?" Dick asked.

"Whatever floats you goat." I repeated the phrase.

"The saying is what ever floats your boat, not goat." Dick wrapped his arms around me and kissed my head. "You've got pregnancy brain."

"I mean It's a logical diagnosis, because I am pregnant." I Said. Dick put his hand on my stomach and he knelt down and kissed my stomach.

____________________________
A/n: hope you enjoy this chapter.
-Zodiac