nineteen.

| ross' pov |

"which dress do you like better?" i hear courtney ask me. i was sitting on my couch in my apartment until she came to visit me for some odd reason. we've been broken up for a month now.

she holds up two dresses, one royal blue and one a deep shade of red. i shrug my shoulders, not really caring.

"can you stop texting whoever you're texting and answer me?" she hisses. "this is important."

"can't you ask a girl for this type of advice?" i ask with irritation.

she frowns, her australian accent thickens as she speaks. "you used to help me when we were dating."

i sigh, "courtney please don't do this now. i told you if being around me is hard for you, we should probably take a break apart. i know my family loves you, but you're always around."

"do you not want me around?" she asks, angrily.

i shake my head, "that's not what i said. but i'm not the one breaking down every five minutes, reminding you about our relationship."

"i still love you ross, i'm sorry that it's taking time for me to heal." she says teary-eyed.

"courtney you don't need to apologize. you know i still care about you, but maybe it's time we both move on." i tell her, softly.

"oh trust me." courtney snickers. "i know you moved on. you moved on with that bitch from new york."

"what?" i scrunch my eyebrows.

she crosses her arms over her chest. "that model, laura marano. i dm'd her, you could've just said she's the one who you've been talking about for days."

"it's not anyone's business, and to be fair. i wasn't going to tell you because i wanted to avoid hurting you." i explain to her.

"well it'll hurt no matter what. how could you move on so quickly? don't you have the slightest feelings for me, anymore? you don't have the tiniest bit of hope that we can make this work again?" she asks, now tears sliding down her cheeks.

"courtney, we're two very busy people. our schedules were all over the place, we never had any time together and when we did, all we did was fight." i sigh heavily.

"our schedule was all over the place?" she hisses, "it's not like you're talking to a girl from california ross. this girl is from new york, she's a model for god sakes. what on earth makes you think this relationship is going to be better than ours?"

"i'm not saying it will be, i haven't said one single thing about a relationship courtney." i say with frustration. "i understand where you're coming from, but i'm asking for you to do the same with me."

"i just don't understand what she has that i don't. i was a model to, you know that." she says, bitterly.

"it's not because she's a model, courtney." i roll my eyes. "i'm not a shallow piece of shit. i told you what it was, when we broke up, you even agreed."

"but it makes no sense. why would you even try talking to this girl, knowing that she's miles away and a model which causes constant transportations. let alone the fact you're a singer, and an actor. one day she's going to be in florida and you're going to be in japan. it's not like this relationship will be any better than ours was." she huffs.

"courtney, it's not all about the distance." i say with anger. "we used to fight, all the time! i was emotionally unhappy. it wasn't a heathy relationship, we're better off as friends and you know that."

courtney wipes her tears away and picks up her bag, "whatever."

"i don't want you ruining shit for me, courtney. i don't want you talking to laura." i tell her, sternly.

she turns around with a grin. "really why not? i think we're already pretty close friends."