158.

| laura's pov |

"i can't believe this happened." i frown, sharing a warm hug with my mom. i've been at the hospital for two hours now, and my dad was still breathing from a machine.

"me either." vanessa sighs, worriedly. "whoever shot him got away. i can't believe it happened, the cops need to catch this filthy human who shot our dad."

"they better." i growl, "or i will."

"how come ross didn't fly down here with you?" vanessa asks.

"i told him to stay behind. i just want to be with you guys right now, and he's been really busy. i don't want him to worry and feel stressed out." i sigh. "i should probably call him and see what he's up to."

"yeah go ahead." vanessa rubs my back softly.

i slightly struggle to stand up because of my pregnant belly, but manage to walk over to the vending machine and call ross.

the line rings and rings, and it went to his voicemail. "hey it's ross, you know what the beep means! leave a detailed message and i'll call you back as soon as i can. see ya. beep."

i wiggle my eyebrows and check the time and see that it's 11:18 pm here in new york, and 8:18 pm back in l.a. what could he be doing other than watching a movie or sleeping?

i sigh, and shove a toonie into the vending machine for a bag of chips.

"hey."

i turn around when i hear the familiar voice. jason.

i roll my eyes and walk past him, until he stops me by grabbing my arm.

"congratulations. on your pregnancy." he mutters.

i yank my arm out of his grip, "thanks."

"i'm also sorry about your dad. whoever shot him was seriously sick." he sighs.

i nod in agreement, and we never agree.

"where's your blonde lover boy?" he smirks.

"it's not the time for this right now, jason. my dads in the hospital. just leave." i huff.

"time for what?" he asks, "i'm not doing anything. i want to be here for you, but not if that blonde beast is around."

"i don't want you to be here for me, nor do i need you to be. and where he is, doesn't concern you one bit." i say, bitterly.

"what happened to my sweet, vulnerable laura?" he asks softly, caressing my cheek with his thumb. i flinch and he chuckles.

"i've gotta go." i mumble.

"so soon?" he asks, stepping in front of me.

"my dad is on the verge of dying." i say, angrily. "get the hell out of my way."

"you don't know your manners do you?" he sighs, jokingly.

"please, get out of my way." i mutter.

"i'll see you around, princess." he winks, stepping away from me.