109.

| ross' pov |

"i can't believe vanni is pregnant." i sigh with a wide smile spread across my lips. "i'm going to be an uncle!"

laura chuckles softly, pouring dog food into violets bowl. her tiny tale wagged from excitement as she raced towards her dinner.

"what's wrong, laura?" i ask, noticing a change in her mood.

"nothing. i'm just tired." she lies.

i roll my eyes. "no. i know something is bothering you, just tell me. you'll feel a lot better."

she mumbled something that wasn't audible, and i wiggled my eyebrows. why was she keeping something from me?

"can we just lay down for a few minutes?" she sighs, "i have a headache."

i nod, collapsing down on the couch, pulling her on top of me. i smile once i remember the news.

"guess what?" i ask her, running my fingers along her back.

she sighs. "what?"

"heath and kevin called about the show. we're flying down to porto rico to film the first few episodes. isn't that awesome?" i ask, excitedly.

i could sense the feeling wasn't being reciprocated so i adjusted myself. "laura, why aren't you excited? we're literally going to porto rico to film a show togethe—"

"i-i got offered a record label." she blurts out, interrupting me.

i scrunch my eyebrows together. "you got what?"

laura sighs, grabbing my hands. "that day when we sang our duet in front of your family and andre, andre asked me to speak alone because he said i had potential, he said he knew a record label that would take me on."

my lips curve into a smile. "laura that's awesome! i told you, you had an amazing voice!"

laura's eyes soften as mine widen with excitement. "laura, what's the matter? you should be thrilled! you're going to become an actress and a singer! what else could you want?"

laura shuts her eyes tightly, hesitant to respond. "ross, if i take the record deal, i-i won't be able to film the show with you."

my smile fades when i comprehend what laura just said. "w-wait, what?"

laura sighs. "i know, i had the same reaction."

"s-so you can't act with me, if you go through with the record?" i ask.

laura nods. "i-i don't know what to do."

i let go of her hands in anger. "what do you mean, you don't know what to do? you auditioned for the show first, we were so excited to do this together?"

laura stands up, scrunching her eyebrows together. "i know that, ross. but this record deal is a huge opportunity. this label has signed artists as big as madonna. it's a big decision for me."

"so is this acting gig?" i retort, angrily. "this is abc, laura! not family channel. do you know how big you could make it on television?"

"but ross. people could hear me on the radio, i could go on tours, i could collab with even greater artists than myself! you know how it is, you're a singer too." she states.

"yeah, i know that. but i never had to choose, laura. i have a passion for both of these careers. i don't understand how you could be so excited to get into this acting career, and then when something you think is better comes along, change your mind." i exasperate.

"i haven't even made my decision, ross. but i thought you would've been a little bit more understanding or at least supportive." she frowns, crossing her arms over her chest.

"you're thinking about choosing a record label over filming a show with your boyfriend?" i say, loudly. "how the hell do you expect me to be supportive?"

"i'm not choosing anything over you." she says with frustration. "this isn't even about you, ross! it's about me."

"yes it is about me." i say, lividly. "without me you wouldn't of even came to my concert. without me you wouldn't of gotten into a god damn tv show. if it wasn't for me, andre wouldn't of even offered you a record label. if you were still a fucking model back in new york, you would've had none of these opportunities!"

"you really think i couldn't of done this on my own?" she asks, bitterly.

"that isn't what i'm saying laura." i roll my eyes. "but you won't even choose the acting career to be with your boyfriend."

laura sighs, running her hands through her hair. "i can't believe i'm even wasting my breath on this right now."

"you?" i ask. "what the hell am i doing wrong? you're the one choosing!"

"i'm not choosing, ross!" she screams, opening the front door. "i'm trying to figure out what's best for me, and i thought that's what you wanted for me to."

and she left, slamming the door on her way out.