104.

| laura's pov |

"ross, i'm nervous." i say, with a slight chuckle.

ross runs his hands up and down my bare arms. "don't be, you're amazing. and it's just my family and andre."

"what if i forget the words, or i go off key?" i worry.

"you won't, i promise. you'll do great babe." ross smiles. "i'm gonna go set up our microphones, and make sure everyone knows what they're doing."

ross and i told the band about our duet, and they offered to play the instruments for us, so we were basically only singing in front of stormie, mark, ryland and ross' manager andre, but my nerves were catching up to me.

i re-read the lyrics in my song book, before i feel a sudden buzzing in my pocket. i was too anxious to go on stage and sing, i didn't even check the caller.

"hello?" i say, nervously.

"laura marano? hey! it's heath and kevin from warner bros studio, the producers from the series you auditioned for on abc." a man spoke into the phone.

"o-oh hi!" i stutter. "how can i help you?"

"we just wanted to call and let you know that you've got the part!" heath explains. "although you auditioned for the role of olivia benson, your character as mia baxter, intrigued us all. so if you're still willing to take the opportunity, it's yours!"

i smile widely. "really? this means so much. of course i'd love the opportunity. thank you so much for calling. what happens from here?"

"don't go stressing about anything yet. we've got lots to get handled before we shoot anything, we'll email you once things get organized!" he explains.

"oh okay, thank you for calling!"

the line ends, and i hear ross shouting my name. i was so excited to tell ross the good news, but i waited until after we performed. i join him on stage, i smile and wave at stormie and mark, and rydel gives me a warm smile.

"ready?" ross asks, giving my hand a light squeeze. i nod, trying to avoid contact with andre. even though this wasn't anything serious, he was a big deal in the music industry, he knew an artist when he saw one, and i didn't want to disappoint him, i mean, he signed r5 to hollywood records.

rydel begins to play the piano, and rocky strums the guitar, and that's when it started.

[ laura]
"ooo..

[ laura ]
planets align
suddenly i'm alive

[ ross ]
eyes full of stars
guide me to where you are

[ ross & laura ]
pinch me if i'm asleep
cause this feels like it's a dream

[ ross & laura ]
we're like two in a million
can't even begin to find
where i found you
what are the chances
that there'd be this magic when we touch?
we've got something special
on another level
like it's just me and you in the room
because something so brilliant
is meant for just two in a million

[ ross ]
sparks start to fly
it's in the air tonight

[ laura ]
light in the dark
holding me in your arms

[ ross & laura ]
Pinch me if I'm asleep
Cause this feels like it's a dream

[ ross & laura ]

because something so brilliant
is meant for just two in a million
because something so brilliant
is meant for just two in a million"

claps break around the room, and my cheeks flush as i run into ross' chest. i laugh as does ross, rydel squeals running towards me.

"laura you have such an amazing voice. that song is beautiful!" she smiles.

"thank you!" i exclaim.

ross and i were swarmed with compliments, until i asked to speak with him somewhere private for a second.

"ross, guess what!" i squeal. he wiggles his eyebrows.

"what?" he asks.

"they called me!" i scream, excitedly. "i got the role!"

"baby!" ross smiles widely. "i'm so happy for you! we're going to be on a show together!"

he picks me up and spins me around, i giggle and hug him even tighter. a cough interrupts our moment, and it's andre.

"hey buddy." ross smiles, "what's up?"

andre smiles. "i was wondering if i could speak with laura for a second?"

ross raises an eyebrow but nods. "oh sure, i'll be out there with my family, alright?"

i nod, suddenly confused once andre and i are alone.

he studies my face for a few seconds before speaking. "you've got potential."

my eyes widen at his compliment. "oh my gosh, thank you that means so much."

andre shakes his head, speaking sternly. "you have the voice to become a pop star, you could be the next ariana grande, you've got talent when it comes to singing, miss. marano."

i was taken back by what he was saying, it was so unexpected i chuckle awkwardly. "i-i don't know what to say."

andre smirks. "look, i can't sign you to my record label because you and ross are in a relationship, but a good friend of mine owns universal music group records, and he's signed on people like rihanna, miley cyrus, sam smith, adele and so many more brilliant artists. he could make you a big hit with that voice. are you interested?"

"y-you mean, i could get signed to a label and become a s-singer?" i ask.

he nods. "the tours, the duets, the fame. you'll be a overnight, music sensation. you might even make it bigger than ross."

i gulp loudly. "c-can i think about it?"

andre nods, sighing deeply. "here's my number. don't wait too long though, it's not everyday we meet starrs like you."

_____

just so you guys know, yes i did change the title to this book. 💛