ninety-nine.

| laura's pov |

"i can't keep doing this." i say, teary-eyed. "you need to believe me!"

ross smiles, clapping his hands. "good job, baby. that was awesome."

i chuckle, wiping away my forced tears. "was it?"

"you have such strong emotion and that's what they want." ross smirks. "you're definitely going to get the part."

"you auditioned for the lead role right?" i ask, collapsing onto the bed.

ross nods. "that's what they wanted me to audition for. they'll give you a few lines, and ask you who you want to audition for. each line they give you will be for a different character, but they choose who you'll portray, depending on what line you say best."

i thought the acting industry was pretty cool, and since ross is huge in that department. i enjoyed talking to him about it. "really?"

ross nods. "when my friend, alex wolff auditioned for my friend dahmer, he originally wanted to be jeff, but his lines for john, who he actually played in the movie, were so much better."

"and they give you an emotion right?" i ask.

ross nods again. "they could you a give line and tell you to say it in the most exciting, angry or emotional way. you might even have to say it ten times."

"thanks for helping me, ross. it means a lot." i grin, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"of course baby." he smiles, "i'm so excited for you."

"how is that song coming along?" i ask.

ross shrugs. "it's alright. i showed rocky and ryland today, they liked it."

"you have to play it for me soon." i tease him.

"we need to work on a song." ross smiles. "i need to hear you sing more."

"let's do it." i smile.

after dinner, i told ross i was going to have a shower. and he was in bed, cuddling with violet watching tv. i ran the shower, and waited until it turned warm. my phone was vibrating so i checked it, i groan to myself.

"hello?" he asks.

"rocky. you need to stop calling me." i tell him, strictly.

he breathes deeply. "i can't laura. we need to talk, ever since that day we almost kissed. i haven't stopped thinking about you."