seventy-nine.

| laura's pov |

i couldn't sleep.

tossing and turning in this empty hotel bed didn't feel right. ross and i haven't talked since he left three hours ago to ryland's room right next to ours.

i sigh, unwrapping the covers from around myself. i heard the soft sounds of his guitar being played, i place my ear against the wall and listen to him mumble a few lyrics softly.

i wonder if he was thinking about me. i wasn't going to be the one to apologize first. i knew i was right, i needed someone to talk to. i pick up my phone and dial her number.

"hello?" she asks, groggily.

"sav? were you sleeping?" i ask.

she sighs over the phone. "it's four in the morning here, laura."

i look at the clock and see that it's only midnight. "oh sorry. i just need someone to talk to."

"what's going on?" she asks.

"ross and i got into an argument. over courtney." i tell her.

"explain."

"well, stormie thought it'd be a good idea to invite her on tour the same week i was planning to come home and visit my mom. i got frustrated and ross didn't see a big deal and just called me jealous." i sigh.

"what, why would stormie do that?" savannah gasps. "how doesn't ross think that's a problem. it's his ex-girlfriend. ross wouldn't like it if jason just came into the picture."

i roll my eyes at my ex-boyfriends name. "don't even say his name."

"well it's true. if ross doesn't see a problem with his ex-girlfriend being around. why don't you show him what it feels like. text jason to meet up or something." savannah says, i feel her smirk through the phone.

"isn't that cruel?" i ask.

"it's not a big deal." savannah says, mocking ross.

"that's actually a good idea." i smile. "but, jason and i don't talk at all."

"oh wait!" she exclaims. "i have someone even better."

i wiggle my eyebrows. "who?"

"calum worthy."