157.

| ross' pov |

laura left early this morning to fly down to new york for her family. i cant believer her dad got shot, who on earth would do that to someone, and to damiano?

laura didn't sleep at all last night and i didn't blame her, she was tossing and turning, constantly checking her phone in case vanessa or ellen called her.

i whipped up some eggs and bacon before sitting by myself in front of the tv, and putting on an episode of masters of sex. violet was silently napping in her dog bed, and all of a sudden there was a knock on my door.

i wipe my greasy hands onto the napkin next to me, and jog towards the front door. hoping it was him.

"ross!" he exclaims.

"dan, i'm so glad you could make it. i know you're leaving soon." i grin, welcoming him inside.

"well i mean, come on ross. this is a big deal and i'm glad you asked me for help!" he chuckles.

dan is a family friend of ours from years back. he works at a jewellery store down in paris france, and he's here today to help me pick out an engagement ring for laura.

i grab my phone, and hurry while i facetime kassidy, i wanted her to be here with me and help me choose a ring. she's the only person who knows that i want to propose to laura.

"alright, so here are the selections." dan smiles, opening up what looked like a brief case. "what's your price range?"

"doesn't matter." i grin, "she deserves every single one of these."

"ross, i like that one." kassidy grins through the screen. thankfully, she was able to leave the hospital a week ago, but she's been on bed rest with calum taking care of her.

i browse through the rings and pick up a few that just didn't seem right. until my eyes gazed across one that was absolutely gorgeous.

"this.. this is the one." i grin.

"ross, that's huge." kassidy gasps. "it's so beautiful. she'll love it."

"how much is it?" i ask smiling.

"$7,000." dan shrieks. "but with you being family, i'll drop it to $6,000."

"thanks man." i chuckle, excitedly. "i hope she says yes."

"if she doesn't, hand it over to me." kassidy laughs.

after i bought the ring, and its box. i hid the ring in my underwear and sock drawer, shoving it into a sock of mine and stuffing it into the corner of the drawer that i covered in my pair of underwear.

i decide to have a quick shower and change into a pair of fresh clothes. when i'm feeling fresh and clean, i get a message from laura.

from : laura ❤️
hey, i just landed.
i'm on my way to the
hospital. i love you

to : laura ❤️
okay baby. i love you too.
i hope everything is okay.
let me know how it goes.
my prayers are with you

from : laura ❤️
thank you ❤️

i set my phone down, and start to prepare myself dinner. i look in the freezer and sigh, laura usually makes dinner. i frown, realizing i have no ability to cook. i reach for my phone and dial ellington's number.

"hey ross, what's up?"

"hey what're you doing right now?" i sigh.

"i'm with ryland and riker, why what's up?" he asks.

"do you guys wanna go down to the pub and grab a beer and some wings? laura flew down to new york for a few days and i'm starving." i chuckle.

"yeah sure, meet there in fifteen?" he asks.

"see you there." i hang up the phone and toss violet a treat before closing and locking the door. i walk down the stairs and leave the building, heading into my car.

i parked and got out, i walked inside and ordered myself a beer while i waited for ell and my brothers.

it's been half an hour and they haven't showed up, or answered my calls. i was worried and angry, they stood me up. i ate wings all by myself and drank a few beers which lightly affected me, i was tipsy.

"ross!"

i turn around and see abigail, i smile and greet her in a hug. "hey! what're you doing here?"

she grins, pulling out the stool beside me. "nothing really, just waiting for some friends. what're you doing here all by yourself?"

"i was suppose to meet my friend and brothers here, but i guess something important came up." i slur, chugging down my sixth beer.

"are you alright?" she chuckles. "you seem a little off. where's laura?"

"pfft, i'm fine." i snort, "she's in new york for a few days."

"oh really?" she grins. "do you want to take a shot?"

"no, oh gosh no. i should get going home anyway." i sigh, dragging my hands down my face to wake me up.

"oh come on, one shot won't kill you. it's friday night!" she exclaims, slamming her hand down on the bar as she orders.

"alright fine, just one." i chuckle. "i forgot to thank you for telling laura that we never slept together, and telling her that i was at the hospital. you really helped me out, she's the love of my life."

"well it's the truth, and i can tell how much she really loves you." abigail smirks, handing me a pure shot of vodka. "cheers?"

i clink glasses with hers, and chug down the alcohol which burns my throat. we make a face, and start laughing.

it seemed to be hours of us laughing and talking, and i've taken so many shots that i completely lost control over myself. everything was spinning, and i wasn't even sure what i was saying anymore.

"i'll call you an uber. you should get home." abigail sighs, reaching for her phone.

"no!" i whine, "i want to stay here."

"i think you've had enough to drink." she grins. "come on, ross."

she helps me up, and walks me out of the pub and outside. we enter an uber together and she gives my address. i'm slowly falling asleep in the car, until we've parked and my arms wrapped around abigail's shoulder as i stumble up the stairs.

she grabs my keys from my pocket and unlocks my door. violet starts barking and growling, but abigail shushes her and leads me into my bedroom, tossing me onto the bed.

"thanks abigail." i slur, "can you turn the light off when you leave?"

she closes the door and i look up, i see her begin to undress herself and my eyes widen. "w-what're you doing?"

"we have unfinished business." she smirks, pushing my chest back down onto the bed. she slips her blouse off and whips it across the room. straddling her legs over top of mine as she begins to rub herself over top of my pants.

"abigail get off!" i slur, my vision becoming blurry. "what the hell is wrong with you?"

"shhh, you like it. i know you want this." she whispers seductively, unbuttoning my shirt as her lips make contact with my neck.

i tilt my head back from pleasure, but all i'm thinking about is laura.

"why the fuck aren't you passed out yet, i put so much in your drink!" she hisses.

"you did what?" i exclaim, suddenly feeling a heat flash begin to wash over me as my eyes grow heavy.

"shhh baby, i've wanted this forever and i know you have too. just relax." she whispers, undoing my belt.

and all i remember is saying 'no' in the faintest voice, before all i saw was black.