144.

| laura's pov |

"you were out for a while last night. i called you and you didn't answer." i say, tossing the scrambled eggs around my plate.

ross pours chocolate milk into a glass and sighs. "i know. i'm sorry, kevin made us do so many re-takes."

i had an uneasy feeling about what ross was telling me. but i shrugged it away, "okay. so when did you come home?"

"i got home a little after eleven. you were asleep on the couch and i brought you back to bed." he explains, buttering his toast.

"i have a doctors appointment today." i say. "i'm taking the blood test so rydel can find out the gender, and throw us a party."

"okay. i'm coming. we have riker and savannah's gender reveal party at six." ross says.

i nod. "i'm gonna go shower and freshen up."

"can i have a kiss?" ross asks.

i peck his lips before placing my empty dish in the sink, and entering the bathroom.

once ross and i had our showers and got dressed. we drove down to the hospital and took a blood test. the doctors told us that they would call rydel in three to five days, and tell her the gender of our baby.

it was weird to think that rydel was going to be the only person who knows the gender of our baby, before we even do. but i was excited for the party, and to find out what we were having.

after our trip to the hospital, we went to stormie's house for vanni and riker's party.

"look at you, your bump is getting so big." vanni chuckles, engulfing me in a hug.

i laugh, "i know! i can't wait to find out what you're having, vanni. give me a hint!"

she chuckles. "riker's been asking me for hints all week. everyone's going to find out soon!"

"i really feel like it's a boy." i smile.

"i think it's a girl." ross shrugs.

"i agree with ross. i want a little granddaughter so badly." stormie joins in.

"well hey, if it isn't a girl. we have laura as a second chance!" vanni winks.

"and if not laura, rydel is next in line to get pregnant!" stormie laughs.

we were all just mingling and having a good time. rydel and stormie did such a good job on the decorations, i was so anxious to find out the gender. i wanted vanni to announce it now.

"alright everyone." stormie announces, hitting her fork against her glass. "vanni is ready!"

everyone turns their head and focuses on savannah sitting in front of riker. riker looked nervous, but beyond excited. savannah smiled, handing him a huge box wrapped in blue and pink wrapping paper.

"okay baby. what do you think it is?" savannah asks him.

riker thinks for a few minutes. "i think it's a boy."

savannah chuckles. "ready?"

riker nods with shaking hands. vanni smiles and motions for riker to remove the lid off the box, and everyone's squealing.

riker takes the top off, and a swarm of blue balloons float out of the box, and cheers are being chanted around the room. riker breaks down in tears and hugs savannah. everyone was clapping, and i ran up to savannah to hug her.

"i knew it! congratulations, vanni!" i smile.

"thank you!" she chuckles.

after we all ate some cake, and engaged in some more conversation. it was starting to get late, and my feet were getting swollen. i wanted to lay in bed.

ross and i left, and he helped me up the stairs. "are you okay, baby?"

i nod. "i'm just tired."

"here, why don't we get comfortable and watch a movie. you usually fall asleep to movies." ross chuckles as i plop down onto the couch.

i nod. "okay."

"i'm gonna go change." he smiles.

ross walks into the washroom and shuts the door. i surf through the channels and try to find something for us, until i heard a knock on our door.

i sigh, getting up to see who it was. i look through the peephole and wiggle my eyebrows, opening the door. "abigail?"

she smiles, "hey laura. is ross home?"

i nod, "why?"

"i just wanted to thank him for coming to check up on me last night. i never got a chance to." she sighs.

"what?" i chuckle.

she scrunches her eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

"ross went to check up on you last night?" i ask.

she nods. "i was stupid and drank too much. i was alone in my hotel room and called him. he came right away to make sure i was fine. i'm stupid i know." she chuckles.

my jaw clenches and i feel my nostrils flare. "i'll tell him you stopped by."

"thanks." she grins. "have a good night."

"you too." i smile, slamming the door.