163.

| ross' pov |

"the baby?" laura mumbles, "is the baby alive?"'

i squeeze my grip on her hand, she had fallen asleep hours ago and she was having another nightmare about the baby.

"yes, laura. the baby is okay. relax." i sigh, kissing her knuckles.

laura takes in a huge sigh from her nose, "so what happened with abigail?"

i frown, not wanting to talk about it. but she deserves answers, "it's true. we made out, but nothing more. i was in pain and i needed to get over you, you seemed fine and i was jealous. but nothing else happened. i promise."

"nothing else happened because a call interrupted you." she retorts. "you would've had sex with her if there was no interruption."

"laura, my intentions weren't to hurt you." i say, "i swear. if anything, you made it seem like you were perfectly okay with not being with me. i thought you didn't wanna be with me anymore."

laura adjusts her aching body. "i understand that ross. but it was never said, it's not like we agreed to break up. it was a break, a break for us to explore ourselves and take a look at life, the life we created." she says, eyeing down at her stomach. "not to go bang other people in attempt to lose feelings for each other. i love you, ross. i always will."

"and i love you too, laura. more than you think." i assure her. "i'm sorry, laura. really. i don't know what i was thinking that night."

"i just can't get over the fact that if there was no phone call that night. you were going to have sex with her." laura frowns, slipping her hand out of mine. "i need some space, ross. to process things."

"you keep pushing me away when things get tough and i've had enough. i'm staying here, with you and our baby! i'm done leaving because you need space." i say, angrily.

"if you weren't so stupid and didn't do things to make me second guess our relationship, i wouldn't need space. just go, ross. please!" she shouts back with a shaky voice.

"you're—you're second guessing our relationship?" i ask, widening my eyes.

i look at laura, who's eyes are beginning to create tears. "this is why i need space. if you really love me you'd give it to me."

"no, laura! i'm not giving you space so you can fall out of love with me. we have plans, baby. don't you remember? we're suppose to buy a house, we're suppose to raise a baby, we're suppose to be happy together." i exclaim, feeling my eyes start to burn.

laura sniffles, "and i want all that with you. i really do. but after everything that's been happening. i just want to be alone to figure myself out, and to figure out what's going to best for me and this baby. you've given me too many trust issues. i'm trying to forgive you ross, i want to look past everything. but i need space."

i shake my head and reach for her hand. "space isn't going to fix anything! space is what caused all of this. if you didn't want space in the very beginning, i would've never went to abigail, and you would've never ended up in the hospital. space is tearing up apart, laura. can't you see that?"

"are you trying to say that this is all my fault?" laura asks with anger. "because nobody told you to go to abigail, and nobody made me cry but you!"

"baby, listen to me." i sigh, heavily. "nothing is your fault. but i think we've had enough space apart. i want to be with you, i want to fix everything."

before laura could reply, the door swings open with a nurse holding a tray of food. "sorry mr. lynch, but visiting hours are over for tonight. you've been here all day, why don't you go home and rest."

"can i just have five more minutes?" i plead.

the nurse shakes his head. "sorry sir. but i don't feel like getting fired. you're more than welcome to come back tomorrow. and don't worry, we'll take good care of her."

i sigh, looking away from him and looking back at laura who was wiping her tears away. i frown. "i'll be back tomorrow, okay?"

laura doesn't say anything, but she nods. i bend down to kiss her forehead before i leave.