110.

| laura's pov |

"laura?" rydel gasps. "why are you crying?"

i immediately fall into rydel's arms, she hugs me and allows me inside, shutting the door behind her.

"laura, what's happening?" ellington asks, rubbing his eyes. it was around eleven o'clock at night and i couldn't keep driving around, i was crying uncontrollably to the point where i almost got into a car crash, so i had to come to rydel's.

"i don't know what t-to." i sob. i hear rydel tell ellington to make me a tea as she takes me over to her couch, worriedly.

"talk to me laura, where's ross?" she asks.

"w-we got into an argument." i sniffle.

"about what?" she asks.

i sigh, explaining everything and how it all happened. i was telling rydel everything that happened between ross and i today, and she sighed.

"ross' should've understood." rydel shakes her head. "i'm sorry, laura."

"it's just so much stress, and i-i didn't want to upset him. but i really want to t-take the record deal, rydel." i frown.

"you should, laura. i know ross wants to work with you, and i can see where he's coming from, but laura, this is your life, it's your career. it's not like you two are breaking up." rydel explains, comfortingly.

i nod, "thank you for understanding, rydel. i just needed some reassurance that i wasn't doing anything wrong."

"has ross called you?" ellington asks.

"he's called me fifteen times, and he's left me ten messages." i sigh, "but i don't want to talk to him right now. he really offended me."

"stay the night, laura." rydel tells me. "trust me, ell and i don't mind at all. ross deserves it."

i shake my head. "i've been out for three hours. i'm sure he's worried enough. thank you though, i'm sorry for waking you guys up, i just needed someone to go to."

"my door is always open, laura." rydel smiles, giving me a hug. "drive home, safe. okay?"

i nod, "thanks guys. i will."

rydel shuts the door behind me, and i begin walking back to my car, feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket, i pull it out and it's another message from ross.

from : ross💛
baby, please answer the phone

you've been gone for an hour..
please come home

you're worrying me.

laura answer!!!

baby. i'm sorry, okay? please
come home so we can about this.

laura???

it's almost midnight, laura.
please come home or i'm gonna
start looking for you.

i sigh, shoving it back into my pocket. i reverse out of rydel's driveway and start driving back to the apartment.

i tiredly walk up the stairs, and open the front door. ross was pacing around the living room, worriedly as he spoke on the phone. "i don't know, mom! but i'm freaking out!"

i shut the door, and he looks up, a wave of relief washing over him as he sighs. "never mind. she's home."

he hangs up the phone and rushes to my side. "where the hell were you? do you know how worried i was?"

i shove him away. "i'm going to bed."

"laura, stop it." he says, sternly, grabbing my wrist. "remember our very first fight? i told you that it was me and you, and we have to talk about things, not run away."

"i'm not in the mood to talk, ross." i sigh, yanking my wrist from his grip.

"i'm sorry." he breathes. "really."

"for what?" i ask with annoyance in my tone. "do you even know what you're apologizing for?"

"yes!" he replies. "for not being supportive and understanding like you said." he sighs, walking up to me.

"laura, i do want what's best for you, and i thought you wanted it with me. we were both so excited to film that show together, so when you told me about the record deal, i got angry and confused." he explains.

"but ross—

"let me finish." ross pleads. "my mom always told me to follow my heart, and if choosing the record label is in that direction for you. then i promise to support you, laura."

a small smile forms across my lips as i hear the sincerity in his voice. "thank you, ross."

"i just want you to be happy." he sighs.

"i know ross, and i am happy." i tell him. "even though we aren't going to film a show together, it doesn't mean i'm choosing music over you, it's just my career. so i don't want you to feel that way, okay?"

ross nods. "i understand, can we please hug it out now?"

i chuckle, playfully rolling my eyes before he wraps his arms around me. "i'm sorry for being so selfish."

i smile at his apology. "you weren't being selfish. you just didn't understand, but i forgive you."

"what would i ever do without you?" he chuckles, slowly pulling away, just enough so we could see each other's faces.

i grin, deciding to tease him. "i wonder that everyday."