148.

| third person pov |

ross and laura were both nervous for today. they weren't sure what to expect at all. it's been a month since they've talked to each other as a couple, and to laura, the permanent break they were taking, was starting to feel normal.

they chose to meet at starbucks, both of their hearts were beating out of their chests, but they chose to display a calm and collective behaviour.

"hey." ross says smiling, wiping his sweaty hands against his jeans. his stomach was turning when he saw the love of his life standing in front of him, with a baby bump they created.

"come here." laura grins, holding out her arms. she wasn't going to lie, she missed ross, and she thought of him everyday. ross gives in, and they greet each other in a warm hug.

"how have you been?" ross asks, taking a seat in front of her. laura sighs, rubbing her pregnant stomach.

"good, it's gotten really uncomfortable to sleep considering it can only be on my back or side, but things have been good. i just released a new song called weekend featuring botalks." laura explains, "what about you and the driver era?"

ross smiles at her success, and congratulates her. "i've been alright. we've been having a rough time with inspiration, but i'm sure we'll get there."

laura frowns at his lack of enthusiasm. ross loved music, and she never thought she'd see the day where he'd ever talk like this.

"i could help you write one, i mean. we work and write well together." laura suggests as a friendly offer.

ross' eyes connect with laura's and he chuckles softly. "thanks laura, but i think we've both got bigger things going on right now. we should focus on our baby before our music."

laura nods in an understanding way. "speaking of our baby, i was hoping we could maybe go out and buy a stroller and car seat?"

ross was more than excited to go out with laura and shop for their baby-to-come. they bought a drink on their way out before jumping into ross' car to drive to ikea.

when the two enter the store, they see paparazzi immediately. ross has no other intention but to stand in front of laura and shield her from their flashing cameras as he holds her hand.

once they make it safely into the store, laura thanks him with rosy cheeks, missing his protective ways.

"so, are you not wanting to find out the gender?" ross asks, letting his eyes roam through the baby cribs.

laura shakes her head. "i did, but i'm wanting it to be a surprise now."

"when is your next appointment?" ross asks curiously. hoping she'd ask him to go with her.

"next month on the ninth." laura tells him biting her lip. she was debating on asking him or not. "you can come if you want."

"of course i want to come. that's my baby too." ross chuckles, happily.

after a few minutes of window shopping. ross and laura came across the perfect stroller and car seat. ross and laura fought over who's paying, but ross won. spending two hundred and thirty dollars.

ross was hesitant on his next question. he knew laura, and he wasn't shy. but he was afraid of getting rejected, he grew some balls and asked. "do you want to come over or something? we still have a lot of time to kill before the grammy's."

laura wasn't sure how to feel at his offer. a part of her wanted to go very badly, but the other part of her was telling her it was a bad idea. "sure."

the two quietly drove down to ross' apartment, the familiar surroundings made all of laura's feelings for ross come flooding back. they get out of the car and walk up to ross' apartment.

"looks the same in here." laura grins, taking in the scent of pancakes and ross' cologne. it felt weird walking into a place she once called home.

"it's been a lot quieter too." ross teases her, since laura took violet.

"the piano." she grins, sitting in front of it. she lets her fingers graze across the keys, reminiscing the song called 'two in a million' that her and ross wrote in this very spot.

"you know, maybe you could help me with something." ross says sitting next to her. he flips open his song book, and presses his fingers against the keys, creating a beautiful sound.

"i've only got this so far." ross says nervously.

"the ocean is heavy
your current is strong
your pulling me deeper
been here all along
remember the time i first saw you
i thought you'd be mine and it felt so good
one look in your eyes and i swear i knew
of your kiss, your touch, your love"

laura's fingers join the keys as she catches along. she thinks for a few moments before singing along. "how about this?"

"and i can't breathe
i'm struggling
my hearts at ease
cause i'm drowning
cause i'm drowning
in your love"

ross' eyes meet laura's and he smiles. he only wishes he could go back and re-do things. he missed laura and having her around, and laura felt the same way.

"that's, that's perfect." ross mumbles softly. "and then maybe it could go like this."

"this seems like the loves oh you got it all wrong
i thought i would fly (we'll fly, we'll fly)
and its getting harder the further we fall
but i'm feeling high (so high, so high)"

laura smiles, singing the next verse that she had already come up with.

"i took all the lies and played the fool
i found there's no getting over you
and all of this time i never knew
of your kiss, your touch, your love"

ross and laura's fingers touch accidentally, causing a spark to shoot through them. they nervously stare at their hands, before looking up to create eye contact.

"i still love you." ross whispers, painfully.

laura knew, and she felt the same way. "i still love you too."

before anything else was said, ross cups laura's cheeks in his hands and presses his soft lips against hers. neither of them wanted it to stop, laura's stomach was exploding with butterflies, and ross' heart was beating a mile a minute. their love for each other was still there, and it was strong.

when their eyes slowly open, and their lips slowly detach, they rest their foreheads against each other's. "i should probably get going." laura mumbles.

"stay the night." ross whispers, pleadingly.

"ross." laura frowns.

ross sighs, "let me walk you out, at least."

they remove themselves from off the bench and ross helps laura put her jacket on. he kneels down so that his face was against laura's belly, and he gives it a kiss. "i love you, treat mommy good, daddy can't wait to meet you."

"bye, ross."

"bye, laura."