seventy-eight.

| laura's pov |

"okay mom. i miss you too." i sigh into the phone. "i'll try and see if i can fly down there to see you soon."

"okay, i love you." she sighs, sadly.

"i love you too." i frown. the line ended, and i slump down on the couch.

"what's wrong, sweetie?" stormie asks me. we were on our way to argentina as the bus slowed down to a stop.

"my mom really misses me, she's been wanting me to home for months." i sigh.

"well why don't you go see her?" she asks.

i shrug, "i don't want ross to think i want space."

"ross will understand, don't worry, sweetie. you need to see your mom, don't you miss her too?" she asks me.

i nod, "of course."

"then go." stormie smiles, "how long are you planning on staying?"

"in new york?" i ask. stormie nods. "not that long, probably a few weeks."

"well i say you tell ross." stormie tells me. "he'll understand."

"i don't know if today's the best day, he's been kind of off with me all day." i frown. "i'm starting to worry."

stormie's eyes soften. "why do you say that? he's probably just stressed about his audition next week."

i shake my head. "i don't know, but thanks stormie. i'll let you know how it goes."

once the bus stopped, ross woke up from his nap in the bunk. we all shuffled into the hotel we'd be staying in, and ross never said a word to me, we received our hotel key and brought our luggage up. once we were alone, i decided to ask him.

"what's wrong?" i ask. he was going through his luggage, refolding all his freshly washed clothes. he only did that when something was bothering him.

"nothing." he says, softly.

"i can see right through you, ross. come on, just tell me." i plead, grabbing his arms.

"it's nothing, laura." he says again. "really."

"ever since you came out about us, you've been different with me. are you having second thoughts?" i ask, worriedly.

ross turns his head, and sighs deeply. "no laura, of course not. it's not you, i promise."

"but it's something." i say, suspiciously.

"i have to tell you something, and i know you're not going to like it." he mumbles.

"i have to tell you something too." i bite my lip.

"you first." ross says, worriedly.

"my moms been wanting me to visit her for a while now, and since you'll be busy with the rest of tour, and you'll be going back home in two weeks to start that new tv series. i figured i'd go visit her." i say, twirling a piece of my hair around my finger.

ross' eyes soften but his eyebrows scrunch together. "so you're leaving?"

"well. i need to see my mom." i sigh.

"oh okay." ross says. "when?"

"i was thinking next week." i mumble, nibbling my lip.

"courtney's coming on tour next week." ross blurts out, his eyes shut tightly.

"what?" i ask lividly.

"i know, i know. she just told me last night." ross says with a sigh. "it wasn't my idea, apparently my mom invited her."

a part of me was upset with stormie. i mean, who invites their sons ex-girlfriend on tour, when he has a new girlfriend?

"are you mad?" ross asks, worriedly.

i shake my head. "just confused on why your mom would do that."

ross furrows his eyebrows together as he speaks with attitude. "my mom gets along with her, laura."

"i understand that, but why allow her on tour? especially when she knows i'm about to leave." i explain. "i just don't agree."

"well i don't see a big deal. whenever you get mad about courtney, it makes me feel like you don't trust me or something." ross huffs.

"it's not that i don't trust you. i don't trust her. if your mom wants to hangout with her, by all means go ahead. but why bring her around you? she should put herself in my shoes." i defend myself. i wasn't angry with stormie, just annoyed.

"i don't have time for this laura. i don't understand the huge deal with her coming on tour for a week? my mom likes her, rydel likes her, my family likes her, okay? if you can't accept that. then i don't know how this is going to work with your jealousy!" he yells, wailing his arms in the air.

"i am not jealous!" i bellow, "you just can't seem to understand where i'm coming from."

ross rolls his eyes and grabs his suitcase. "you can stay here. i'm sleeping in ryland's room tonight."

"fine." i huff, slamming the door once he walks out. i slid my back against the door and buried my head into my hands.