105.

| laura's pov |

"hello?"

"andre?" i ask. "it's laura."

"ah laura. how can i help you?" he asks, i can feel his smirk through the phone.

"i've been thinking." i sigh, "i would like to meet with the label."

"john ceony." andre answers. "that's who'll sign you. would you like to meet with him?"

"yes. soon as possible please?" i ask.

"how about today?" he asks.

"that would be great." i say, quietly. ross was showering and i didn't want him to hear about this.

"alright. let me check." andre sighs. "in an hour he's free. i'll send a limo to come and get you, to get you there."

i shake my head, even though he couldn't see. "no, i'll drive there. i don't want ross suspecting anything. i haven't said anything to him yet."

"alright then. i'll let him know you're going." andre says before hanging up.

the shower stops and i toss my phone across the couch, pretending to act casual. violet was napping in her bed, and i raised the volume to the tv.

"hey babe." ross says, walking into the living room with a towel hanging around his waist. "i'm going to rydel's house today to work on some music with the band."

"oh okay. i think i'm going to stay here and relax." i lie, yawning.

ross smiles. "okay."

ross took about twenty minutes to get ready and leave. once i watched his car reverse, i quickly began to get ready myself. i didn't like lying to ross, but it's what i had to do for right now. i left violet a treat, and i left, driving to the universal music group studio.

parking and getting out, i avoided any paparazzi near. i hurry inside the building, and i'm greeted by a woman at the front desk. "how can i help you?"

"i'm laura marano. i'm here to meet with john ceony." i say, quickly.

"follow me this way." she says after clicking a few buttons on her computer. she leads me down a long hallway, that ends with a huge door.

"good luck." she winks before walking away. i wasn't sure what she meant by that, but i knock a few times but i got no response so i just opened it carefully.

"take a seat."

his hoarse voice was strict and deep. his office was huge, and his walls were covered with hundreds of celebrities who were signed to his label, such as prince, mariah carey, elton john, lana del ray, taylor swift and a thousand more, some covered by his huge body guards.

he was sitting in his chair behind his desk, facing the huge window to the city. i shyly took a seat and waited for him to speak again. his chair slowly turned around, and his crispy grey hair was gelled, and the cigar in between his fingers was burning. he was old, but filthy rich.

"you must be laura marano." he grins.

i nod. "andre told me to come and see you."

"andre sent me a video of you, singing with one of his artists, ross lynch." he smirks. "you were brilliant."

"t-thank you." i stutter.

"so i am taking it as you came to see me with concern for a record deal?" he asks.

"a-actually i had a few questions regarding that." i say, clearing my throat.

"go ahead." he says.

"you s-see." i chuckle, "i recently just auditioned for a television show on abc—"

"i'm aware, as did ross lynch. your boyfriend, if i'm correct?" he asks, raising one of his thick grey brows.

i nod. "and i was just wondering if i took that opportunity, alongside this one, how would my time management would look?"

john laughs, burning out his cigar in the ashtray next to him. "i have rules, miss. marano. all my artists are artists, they are not actors, do you know why?"

i shake my head.

"because. i don't believe that bullshit. if you want to be a singer, then be a singer, if you want to be an actor, be an actor. but don't be both." he says sternly.

"but some people can multitask—"

"no." he cuts me off. "if you're going to be signed with my label, all of your time, all of your energy, and all of your focus is going to be on damn music. every damn second you have to spare, is going to be music. how do you think prince is a legend? because he worked for me."

i nod, hesitantly.

"i want to make my artists successful, and if you haven't noticed, they all are." he says, pointing over at his wall covered in celebrities. "which means, your mind is set to one thing, and one thing only. singing."

"so what you're saying is... if i join your label, i wouldn't be able to act?" i ask.

"correct." he nods. "instead, you'll be a world wide music sensation just like whitney huston was, just like amy winehouse was."

i smile at the thought.

"plus, what on earth kind of distraction is that. acting with your significant other? please." he laughs.

i sigh, this decision was so hard to make.

"look kid." he says softly. "i know you've got potential, i heard you. and i know you can make it big. your whole life could change for the better if you choose this path."