thirty-six.

| ross' pov |

"and what movie are we going to watch?" she asks, smiling.

i picked laura up around seven, which was right after my meet and greet. we decided to go watch a movie and then maybe stop off a café on our way home.

"i was thinking i'd let you choose." i smirk.

"oh really?"  she grins, "even a chick flick?"

i sigh, "even that."

"i really want to watch forever my girl." she smirks, "is that okay?"

i nod, smiling sarcastically. "of course."

there was no way in avoiding paparazzi, they were everywhere. some even followed us here, laura threw on her hood and i ducked myself. helping her out of the car, i grab her hand so that i don't lose her in the swarm of people taking flash photos of us for their magazines.

once we were safe inside because the security stopped them, laura removed her hood. "they're so annoying. they don't realize that we have a life."

i chuckle at her irritation towards the paparazzi. it was true, they weren't like our fans. they don't respect us, our fans have good intentions, they just need photos for the media, guaranteed that'll be all over magazines by tomorrow morning.

laura shakes her head and walks towards the tickets. i follow behind her, pulling out a twenty dollar bill once she asked. when the guy hands us our tickets, i give him the money and laura skips over to the popcorn and soda.

i pay for our drinks and popcorn, and she excitedly walks into the theatre. we take a seat in the middle, right in time as the previews were ending. it was nice to relax after a long, busy day.

i was a hopeless romantic so these movies weren't that bad, they just made me crave the feeling of love, movies made relationships look so easy. i hated it.

as laura and i silently watch the movie, we both reach our hands into the popcorn and our fingers touch, accidentally. we both feel it, and keep our hands that way, neither of us looking at each other until i decide to joke with her.

"are you making a move on me, marano?" i whisper with a smirk.

"yeah." she grins back, "because you aren't any time soon, lynch."

i feel my cheeks redden, and i'm thankful that it's dark in here. laura turns her attention back onto the screen and leaves me speechless, i wasn't even aware that she wanted me to make a move. but now, i know what she wants and that makes it easier.

i choose not to do the typical cliché thing that every boy does in a theatre, i didn't pretend to yawn and then smoothly wrap my arm around her. instead, i looked down at her empty hand placed on her lap and intertwined our fingers, i saw her smile without her eyes leaving the screen and i knew i scored points.

through out the movie it became a natural thing, we'd untangle our hands in order to grab popcorn or a sip of our drinks, sometimes even go to the washroom but it was becoming easier to grab each other's hands as if we were already a couple, she'd even snuggle up against me while hugging my arm, and she'd often times rest her head against my shoulder which gave me butterflies, believe or not.

"today's been really great." she whispers. "i really like spending time with you, ross."

i smile at her words. "i feel the same way. i feel like we're off to a good start. what're you doing tomorrow?"

"nothing. i'm free." she grins.

"why don't we go bowling or something?" i ask, "and then maybe you could come over and go swimming with me and my family?"

her grip tightens as our hands were interlocked. "i'd love that."

after the movie ended, it was around nine thirty, i told laura i'd take her home now, but she argued and said she wanted to go to the café.

we hurry into my car before any fans or paparazzi see us, and sing to music on the way there. this café was an all time favourite of mine.

parking, laura and i step out and walk in together. i order myself a caramel mocha and she gets herself a hot chocolate. it had more of a vintage, wooden look to it, which intrigued me to it so much.

we take our seats across from each other and she rubs her eyes, tiredly. "tell me about yourself. things nobody else knows."

i grin. "really?"

she nods.

we told each other countless stories along with secrets. secrets i wasn't even aware that i had until we started talking.

before we knew it, we were at the café for three hours just talking about ourselves and our interests, what we want in a relationship and things we're afraid of. laura was a pure, beautiful fucking human being, and i wanted her.

"stay there. i wanna take a picture of you." she smiles, pulling out her phone.

"huh?" i chuckle.

"you like photography." she chuckles, "pose. this looks awesome."

she gets up and walks further away from me, trying to get the perfect angle as she takes a picture of me.

"you're a natural model." she compliments me.

i laugh, "why, thank you. says the beautiful model herself."

her lips curve into a smile as she studies my facial features for a few seconds. i wiggle my eyebrows, confused.

"so?" she asks smiling. "am i going to have to make the next move and kiss you or should i shut up and let you kiss me?"

a smirk grows upon my lips, i reach over the table and whisper. "shut up and let me kiss you."

i press my lips against hers, only to feel her kiss back even harder. her lips were plump and soft and it felt real, it was genuine. it felt like sparks shooting through out my body. i'm falling for her, hard, and i don't see myself getting back up.