Prologue

Hanako Uchiha walked through a small passage. It was dark and humid; barely lit by torches. She looked at the ground and noticed small rats moving from side to side until they would find a hole in the wall and creep into it. Moss covered all the corners and gave the place a humid smell. Disgust was clear in her face as she continued walking.

The girl came to a halt. There was a carnivorous plant-like creature with humanoid being inside. Hanako sighed.

"Zetsu," The humanoid walked up to her.

"It's been a while," its black side spoke in a deep tone.

"Certainly." Hanako's eyes gleamed when she recognized a familiar chakra.

"You've grown." This time, the white side spoke in a warmer voice.

"And you haven't changed," Hanako murmured as she saw him catch a rat and shoved it into his mouth. "At all." He chuckled.

"It's true I don't have a need for nutrition, but I can't help it. They're delicious." The brunette grimaced as she walked past him.

"Where is he?" she asked as she neared the end of the hall.

"Turn to the right, the third door at your left," the black side announced.

Hanako walked through the darker corridor until she found herself before the door Zetsu had said. She could feel Obito's chakra in there. She grabbed the handle and turned it slowly.

"Did anyone ever teach you how to knock?" Hanako was greeted by a man's deep and emotionless voice.

"I'm glad to see you, too." Hanako closed the door behind her and walked over to a chair near his desk. Obito was lying on his bed, his eyes closed and his features relaxed.

"What brings you here?" he inquired as he opened one of his eyes to look at the thirteen-year-old girl. Hanako looked right into his only Sharingan.

"You already started recruiting members," the girl stated. "For the Akatsuki."

"Yeah, like one or two." Obito sat up and looked at her, intently. His mask was on the floor, so she just stared at his scarred face. "That organization is only a means to achieve our goals."

Hanako's eyes narrowed. "A means?"

"Yeah, it was harsh to convince Nagato to join the cause, but, after some issues in Amegakure, he finally complied along with his companion, Konan." He closed his eye and sighed loudly. "The third member of their party, Yahiko, and the rest of his pitiful organization died in a tragic battle." He chuckled. "Now it's time for a rebirth. This will be a whole new Akatsuki. It's about time I started recruiting new members. I would've recruited you as well, but you're still too young."

"I have no interest in joining the Akatsuki," she sneered, getting up.

"Then what are you doing here?" Obito asked. Hanako didn't say anything. "You already know too much. Be careful about your intentions," he said harshly and Hanako glared daggers at him.

"Is that supposed to be a threat?"

Obito got up from the bed. His lips twisted up into a wicked smile. "Is it?"

"What's going on?"

He walked closer to her. Hanako's figure darkened under his shadow looming over her. She felt her hands curling into fists. He reached to grab his mask and put it over his face. "If that's all, you should go. I have something to do."

Hanako was sucked into his spiraled portal and then thrown into a forest. She grimaced in pain as she got up. She had fallen into her arm in an unnatural position, but she quickly snapped the bone into place and let her own chakra heal it.

Trees were tall enough to cover the setting sun and darkness was beginning to down. Hanako chuckled. "Damn Obito, couldn't you be at least more gentle?"

"Ah? Hanako-neechan?" Hanako stared at White Zetsu over her shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

Hanako turned her hand up and down, making sure it was healed. "You can ask Obito that." When she looked up at him, she knew something was wrong. "Where is your other half?"

Zetsu smiled. "I don't think you need to know that. There was something he needed to take care of."

All movement halted and Hanako felt a rush of adrenaline. She would always trust her gut instinct, specially around these guys. "Ah...is that so?"

Her eyes shone red, and she reached to grab Zetsu by his throat. He gasped in surprise and tried to free himself, but Hanako was holding him with an iron grip. Her eyes were red with a new distinct silhouette.

"I will ask again, Zetsu. What is going on?" The look in her eyes was that of pure madness. Zetsu wasn't capable of feeling anything, but fear started to become real for him.

"Today...it's the day..." Hanako's grip tightened and Zetsu gasped for air. "That Uchiha brat," her body tensed at the mention of her clan name. "Will kill them. All of them."

Hanako let go and Zetsu's body fell to the ground. She rushed in the direction of the Uchiha Compound. Her heart pumped faster, pushing the adrenaline into all the muscles in her body. Hanako had never run that fast before that day.

I need to make it in time!