*Lizzie & Rose*

!EDITED! 

A/N: was 9264 words, is now 13710 words! :) Which I'm putting just cause I can! XD Anywho, this sort of took on a life of its own while I was editing and well... yeah. If you're a rereader, you'll notice quite a few changes, but most of the dialogue and ish stayed the same! :) If you're a first-time reader, then just ignore that and I hope you enjoy the story! :) All rights of Doctor Who sadly go to BBC; I only own Lizzie, any other characters I may add in the future, and my storyline. Any wording or phrasing or anything that needs fixing PLEASE let me know! *begs profusely*

Quiet music was playing in my room as I add the finishing touches to my sketch of a Judoon with his helmet under his arm

Quiet music was playing in my room as I add the finishing touches to my sketch of a Judoon with his helmet under his arm. My little sister hadn't come home yet and I was trying not to have a panic attack; drawing calms me. I hardly ever worry about Rose being late, but the shop where she works at had been blown up and it was all over the news that a body was found. Mum and I tried phoning her, as well as Mouse, with no luck.

I hear the front door slam open and my breath hitches in my throat. Closing my sketch-book, I turn off the music and head out of my room. Rose was caught up in a suffocating hug by mum in the living room and I rush over, hugging Rose from behind. "We were so worried!" I bury my face against her neck, a few tears spilling from my eyes as I hold her tightly. "Mouse is in a state, phoning me up every ten minutes to see if I've heard from you," I tell her, my voice muffled.

"You could've been dead!" mum cries, squeezing us both against her.

"Mum... Lizzie... can't breathe..." Rose chokes out.

"Sorry," I mutter, pulling away with my cheeks going slightly pink.

"I'm not," mum holds her even tighter, making Rose groan. "You had Lizzie and me worried sick! They found a body, said so on the news!" she pulls away and slaps Rose on the arm, making her yelp and jump back. "Don't know why you pay for that damn phone if you can't even use it!"

I sit on the sofa, drawing my knees up and wrapping my arms around my legs while I snicker quietly at Rose's put-out expression. "Alright, I should've phoned!" she dodges mum's next slap.

The landline rings and mum rushes to answer it, saving Rose from any more abuse. I send Mouse a text that she was home and then watch Rose carefully as she sits down beside me. I notice for the first time that she has a dummy arm with her. "Rose," I frown and she hums in reply, chewing on the thumbnail of her free hand while she watches News 24 absently. "What have you got that for?"

Rose jumps and looks down at the arm in her hand as if she just now realizes she has it. My frown deepens when she throws it on the armchair as if it were going to strangle her. "I'll explain later," she whispers, not moving her eyes from the TV.

Reporter - The whole of Central London has been closed off as police investigate the fire. Earlier reports in the...