*The Empty Child*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 7201 words, is now 10243! Enjoy! :D

The Doctor, Rose, and I had been in the console room about to leave when something goes past us, making the TARDIS tilt sharply

The Doctor, Rose, and I had been in the console room about to leave when something goes past us, making the TARDIS tilt sharply. The Doctor looks at the monitor, his eyes widening, and he rushes around the console. The TARDIS begins to shake violently and an alarm starts to go off as she hums loudly and almost scoldingly at the Doctor for his rough treatment of her.

"What's the emergency?" I shout over the noise, grabbing onto the console to stay upright.

"It's mauve," the Doctor replies, hurrying past me to the monitor. "That knob there," he points to the one beside me and I hurry to turn it, yelping when I nearly fall at the jolt of the TARDIS.

"Mauve?" Rose asks, frowning in confusion as she holds onto the console as well.

"The universally recognized color for danger," the Doctor answers.

"Hold on, what happened to red?" my eyebrows furrow.

"That's just Humans," the Doctor snorts. "By everyone else's standards, red's camp! Oh, the misunderstandings! All those red alerts, all that dancing!" he rolls his eyes, gesturing the monitor and I look to see a cylindrical... thing flying through the vortex, Rose on the other side of the Doctor to look. "It's got a very basic flight computer - I've hacked in, slaved the TARDIS; where it goes, we go," he explains, making Rose and I share a wary look at his wording and the fact the TARDIS was going mad.

"... and that's safe, is it?" Rose asks.

"Totally!" the Doctor assures us.

I squeak, covering my eyes with one hand as a section of the console sparks up and explodes. I hiss at a slight pain in my left hand but ignore it as I almost topple over, bumping into the Doctor. "Ok, reasonably..." he corrects quickly, wrapping an arm around me to keep me standing. "Should have said 'reasonably' there!"

"Oh, well I'm glad it's 'reasonably' safe," I roll my eyes, ignoring my face heating up.

The Doctor groans suddenly, hitting the monitor with his free hand, "oh, no, no, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks! Getting away from us!"

"What exactly is this thing?" Rose asks curiously.

"No idea," the Doctor shakes his head. "Lizzie?" he looks down at me.

"Nope," I shake my head.

"Then why are we chasing it?" Rose asks incredulously.

"It's mauve and dangerous and about thirty seconds from the center of London," the Doctor replies, gesturing to the monitor that shows an impending impact in London.

"Well, as reasons go... that one isn't terrible," Rose mutters, making me snort loudly.

I yelp, though, when the TARDIS makes a rough landing and sends us all to the grating floor. "Ow..." I groan, stretching out my body and wincing at the little pains that were mine and the Doctor's. "Alright, Rose?" I ask, getting up to my feet and brushing off my jeans.