*School Reunion*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 10460 words, is now 14138! Enjoy! :)

A few days ago, Mouse had phoned Rose and me to come home as soon as possible

A few days ago, Mouse had phoned Rose and me to come home as soon as possible. Apparently, the students at Deffry Vale High School had been getting record marks for the last three months since they've got a new headmaster. Not to mention there had been a UFO sighting around the same time. The Doctor decided it was worth looking into and so he became the physics teacher with me as his teaching assistant. It had been our second day here and we've found nothing so far.

I was sitting on the front desk of the Physics Lab, watching the students file in and take their seats. I did rollcall while we waited for 'Mr. Smith' to grace us with his presence.

The Doctor walks in and sets his teacher's bag beside me. I smile when I see him with his 'brainy' specs on; they really do make him look good. "Good morning, class," he beams, turning to the students. "Are we sitting comfortably?"

Taking a red marker, he writes the word 'physics' on the whiteboard, underlining it, "so! Physics!" he chucks the marker at me, making me roll my eyes as I catch it. "Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyysics! Physics! Physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics, physics," he repeats, leaning back on his hands on the table and then sniffs purposefully, nudging me with his elbow when I snort quietly. "I hope one of you is getting this down," he raises an eyebrow, looking at the class.

"I don't think it's necessary to write that many 'physics' down... maybe just one?" I bite my lip to keep from laughing, the children not holding back their own.

The Doctor sends me a scolding look even as his lips twitch up and I stick my tongue out. Shaking his head with a small smile, he leans back against the desk and folds his arms, "um, ok... let's see what you know! Two identical strips of nylon are charged with static electricity and hung from a string so they can swing freely," he says rather quickly. "What would happen if they were brought near each other?"

A boy with shaggy hair and glasses raises his hand. I hop down from the desk, pointing to him, "yes, um... sorry," I smile sheepishly. "What's your name?"

"Milo," he tells me.

"Milo! Let's see what you've got," I put my hands behind my back, raising my eyebrows.

"They'd repel each other because they have the same charge," he answers.

"Very good!" I smile at the same time the Doctor exclaims, "correctamundo!" making me cover my mouth when I laugh loudly.

"... a word I have never used before and hopefully never will again," he mutters, rubbing the back of his neck and groaning loudly when I continue to snicker. "Hush, ti- Miss Tyler," he narrows his eyes playfully, making me smile at his almost slip.

"Sorry, Mr. Smith," I smile widely, sending a wink to the children and they laugh.

The Doctor sighs, shaking his head, "question two: I coil up a thin piece of microwire and place it in a glass of water, then I turn on the electricity and measure to see if the water's temperature is affected," he explains to the students. "My question is: how do I measure the electrical power going into the coil?" he asks and Milo's hand shoots up. "Someone else... nope?" he frowns when the other kids just stare at him blankly. "Ok, Milo, go for it," he smiles.