*Father's Day*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 7015 words, is now 10851! :) Gah, sorry this took so long to publish... I cut my finger pretty badly and it is just now healed to where I can type properly and it doesn't hurt like a bitch. Also, well... I may or may not have gotten a bit obsessed with the show Good Omens... but! In my defense... David Tennant as a ginger demon with the SLUTTIEST of all saunters and Michael Sheen as an adorable, soft angel? Fucking yes, please! Seriously, if you haven't seen it, you NEED to (if you don't have Amazon Prime... like me... I can give you the link for the website I used to watch all six episodes for free if you need it, it's really good quality, but beware of popups, it takes a few clicks to get it up and going) it's absolutely BRILLIANT! Anywho! I haven't got anything in my life planned for at least a little while so I should be able to get a few more chapters up soon. Enjoy! :D

"It's not a good idea, Rose," I shake my head, heading to the console room with her behind me

"I just want to see him!" she protests, falling into step with me and grabbing my hand to pull me to a stop. "It's not fair! You get to remember him and I don't... he was my father, too, and all I get is pictures and stories..." she mutters quietly.

I sigh, seeing the tears welling up in her eyes and bring her into my arms, "we'll ask the Doctor..." I give in. "Come on, then," I pull away, rolling my eyes at her wide grin and dragging her down the corridor.

Rose wants to see dad when he was still alive, but I have a lot of misgivings about it. I was afraid one of us would do something stupid... mainly me. I guess I should have seen it coming, though. Gwyneth did say that Rose had been thinking about him a lot recently. I frown, thinking of the brave, young servant girl who had died to save the world but shake it off when we reach the console room.

I see the Doctor sitting on the jump-seat, tossing a ball around. I sit next to him, Rose going to lean against the console in front of him, and I lean my head on his shoulder. "What've you girls been up to?" he eyes us.

Rose folds her arms, kicking at the grating floor, "Peter Alan Tyler... our dad... the most wonderful man in the world, born 15th of September 1954," she smiles and I feel the Doctor tense, but he doesn't say anything so Rose continues. "Mum always said he'd have loved to see Lizzie and me now so, I was thinking... could we? Could we go and see our dad when he was still alive?"

"Where's this come from all of a sudden?" the Doctor asks warily and I sigh, messing with the end of my braid.

"Alright, then," Rose mutters, disappointed as she looks away. "If we can't... if it goes against the laws of time or something, then nevermind... we'll just leave it," she flips a random lever back and forth.

"No, I can do anything," the Doctor retorts, standing and moving her hand away from the lever. "I'm just more worried about you," he looks between us seriously.

Rose takes a deep breath, facing him head-on, "I want to see him," she tells him firmly.

"... me too..." I whisper hesitantly.