*Parting of Ways*

!EDITED! 

A/N: was 7847 words, is now 8772! Enjoy! :D

The Daleks were still gliding about the place in a full-blown panic

The Daleks were still gliding about the place in a full-blown panic. The one that was still guarding me turns sharply, "you know the Doctor! You understand him! You will predict his actions!"

"I- I- I don't k-know!" I stumble back into the wall as the Dalek glides even closer. "I would- would never tell you if I did!"

"Predict! Predict! Predict!"

"TARDIS detected! In-flight!" one of the Daleks scream.

"Launch missiles! Exterminate!"

"You can't! You'll destroy him!" I shout.

"You have predicted correctly," the one before me replies, making me whimper as I wrap my arms around my waist; please Doctor... please.

I slump in relief when I hear the TARDIS engines and she begins to materialize around me. I turn to see the Doctor by the console, Rose beside him, and Jack with his huge defabricator gun. "Lizzie! Get down!" the Doctor shouts at the same time Rose screams. "Get down, Lizzie!"

I throw myself to the floor, breathing heavily just as the Dalek screams and shoots its laser. I turn quickly, watching as Jack shoots the Dalek with the defabricator, causing the dome head and the middle section to explode. "Oh, my God..." I get up shakily. "You- you did it!" I beam at the Doctor.

The Doctor doesn't say anything, just rushes over and wraps his arms around my waist tightly. I squeak when he lifts me, setting me down on one of the coral structures and kisses the side of my head over and over. The Doctor pulls away, cupping my face in his hands as he looks me over.

"I'm so happy to see you, it- it feels like it's been ages," I whisper, the Doctor wiping away a tear that leaks out with his thumb.

"Told you I'd come and get you," he smiles softly.

"Never doubted you for a second," I pull him back into a hug, nuzzling his shoulder.

"I did," he admits, rubbing my back as he buries his face in my hair. "You alright?"

"Brilliant now... you?" I ask hesitantly, feeling his potent mix of emotions.

"Not bad, been better!" he pulls away, smiling as he presses a kiss to my forehead that makes me blush brightly.

I hop down from the coral structure when he moves to inspect the Dalek. Just as my feet hit the grating floor, a blur of blonde crashes into me, making me gasp as arms go around my waist and there's sobbing against my neck. "I thought you were dead!" Rose cries, squeezing me near death.

"I'm right here," I hold her tight, reaching up to stroke her hair.

"Don't ever do that again! It was supposed to be me!" she pulls away so she can slap my arm, making me yelp and the Doctor hiss.