*The Shakespeare Code*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 8914 words, is now 11629! Enjoy! :D

"But how do you travel in time? What makes it go?" Martha asks while Kas pilots

"Oh, let's take the fun and mystery out of everything," he scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Martha, you don't wanna know, it just does," he tells her. "Hold on tight!"

The Doctor - being an idiot - decides to nearly climb onto the console to pilot. With a smirk, I land us quickly and laugh when he and Martha are knocked to the floor while I was safely standing from holding onto the console. The TARDIS trills a few times in laughter, making my smirk widen. Martha sits up with a gasp, "blimey! Do you have to pass a test to fly this thing?"

"Yes, and I failed!" the Doctor grins, standing up and grabbing his coat.

"Now, Martha, make the most of this," I help her stand and give her her leather jacket. "We promised you one trip and one trip only," I warn.

"Outside this door... brave new world," the Doctor beams from the doors.

"Where are we?" Martha looks between, eyes wide with fear and excitement.

"I've no idea!" I grin widely, making her look at me incredulously. "Kas was the one who set the coordinates," I shrug.

"Ok... but 'Kas'? You said your name's 'Doctor'," she looks between us.

"Nickname," the Doctor shrugs. "Only Star gets to use it, though, so don't go trying," he points to her sternly and she raises her hands in surrender. "Now, why don't you girls take a look?" he wiggles his eyebrows, opening the door.

Martha and I share an excited look before hurrying outside. I look around at our surroundings and we're in - what? Late sixteenth-century London? Martha gasps, looking around as well, "oh, you are kidding me! You are so kidding me! Oh, my God! We did it! We traveled in time!" she squeals and I smile at her reaction, feeling arms go around my shoulders from behind. Kas snorts quietly at Martha, leaning his chin on my head as he sways us from side to side. Martha turns to us with a beaming smile, "where are we?" she asks before holding her hand up before either of us can answer. "No, sorry, I gotta get used to this whole new language," she bounces on her toes excitedly, making me giggle. "When are we?"

"Mind out," the Doctor yanks Martha and I back, making me let out a squeak as I stumble a bit.

"Mind the loo!" a man calls out and... ew, waste is dumped on the ground right in front of us.

"Apparently, somewhere before the invention of the toilet," the Doctor mutters sheepishly.

"And common decency!" I shout up to the window the man had been in.

"Sorry about that," Kas winces.

"I've seen worse," Martha shrugs and I look at her, eyebrow raised. "I've worked the late-night shift at A&E," she explains and I nod in understanding as the three of us start to walk off. "But are we safe?" she asks nervously, making Kas and I stop, turning to her with equal confusion. "I mean, can we move around and stuff?"