*The Long Game*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 7285 words, is now 10571! Enjoy! :)

I step into the console room, seeing the Doctor messing about with the controls

I step into the console room, seeing the Doctor messing about with the controls. I lean against one of the coral beams, watching him for a moment; I'd woken up with him gone and a mug of tea with honey on the bedside table. It was sweet, but I was worried he didn't actually sleep. I go over and wrap my arms around his waist from behind, making him tense before turning and bringing me close. "Did you get any sleep last night?" I ask.

"Enough," he shrugs, pulling away. "Time Lords don't need much," he explains when he sees my raised eyebrow. "Are you alright?" he asks, cupping my neck and stroking the skin with his thumb as guilt washes over me.

"I'm fine," I smile up at him, decidedly ignoring the shiver that runs down my spine. "So..." I pull away, biting my lip as I lean against the console. "Where are we off to today?" I ask excitedly.

"It's still your turn to pick since Shakespeare was ruined," the Doctor offers.

"Nah," I shake my head. "You should let pretty boy decide since it's his first time," I smile.

"So you noticed he was pretty, then," he folds his arms, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Well, yeah, I'm not blind," I roll my eyes and the Doctor scoffs quietly. "Why? Does it make you upset I've noticed someone's pretty?" I smirk, poking his side.

"You know, your cheek is gonna get you in trouble," he grabs my finger, pushing my hand away with a small scowl.

"Is it? That'll be interesting if and when that happens," I smirk. "Oh, wait... I know what this is about," I nod with a 'thoughtful' expression, cupping my chin in my hand and the Doctor raises an eyebrow. "You need me to tell you that you're the prettiest girl at the ball, don't you?" I tease.

"Ok, that's it," the Doctor turns fully to me, a smirk forming.

My eyes widen at the glint in his eyes and I squeak, turning to make a run for it. The Doctor grabs my arm before I can get too far away and pulls me to where my back's against his chest; stupid Time Lord reflexes. "Gotcha," he smirks, starting to tickle my sides while keeping me pinned to him with his other arm.

"Ah! No, no, no, Doctor, stop it!" I choke out between my laughter. "Please, I give! I give! ... can't... breathe!" I wheeze, tears welling up in my eyes and I take a few deep breaths when he stops finally. "That was mean," I pout up at him.

"You're a child," the Doctor chuckles, shaking his head.

"Pfft, being mature is boring, big-ears," I roll my eyes, giggling when he pinches my side.

"I second that," Rose's voice makes me jump, the Doctor tightening his arm around me with a smirk. "You two look rather cozy... we interrupting something?" she smirks with Adam popping up behind her.