*Doomsday*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 10206 words, is now 12201! Enjoy!

The Daleks continue to advance on Rose, Mickey, and Rajesh with cries of 'exterminate'

The Daleks continue to advance on Rose, Mickey, and Rajesh with cries of 'exterminate'. Rose takes a deep breath to calm herself a bit before stepping forward, "Daleks!" she shouts and they fall silent, taken aback that this Human had just addressed them by their name. "You're called 'Daleks', I know your name," she slips off her lab coat as she moves forward and the Daleks don't reply, simply observing her. "Think about it: how can I know that? A Human... who knows about the Daleks, and the Time War. If you wanna know how, then keep us alive. That's all I'm asking. Me and my friends."

"Yeah, Daleks. Time War. Me too," Mickey puts his gun down and steps up beside Rose, gripping her hand in his when Dalek Sec's eye-stalk swivels to look at him.

"Yeah, and me," Rajesh steps forward nervously.

"You will be necessary," Dalek Sec decides. "Report: what is the status of the Genesis Ark?"

"Status: hibernation," a second, Dalek Jast, answers.

"Commence awakening!" Dalek Sec orders.

"The Genesis Ark must be protected above all else!" a third, Dalek Thay, orders.

Dalek Sec turns to the Genesis Ark - which had emerged from the sphere a bit after the Daleks - and clamps its suction arm to the side of the Ark. Mickey watches them warily before leaning into Rose, "the Daleks... you and Bird said they were all dead," he whispers.

"Never mind that," she waves off, staring at the Daleks. "What the hell's a Genesis Ark?"

1st Person POV:

Kas was leaning against a wall, watching the Cybermen. Mum and I were standing beside him, me with my arm around mum to calm us both. "What's down there? She was in that room with the sphere," she looks up at the Doctor. "What's happened to Rose?"

"I don't know," he snaps, anger and fear and worry washing over me constantly.

Mum starts to cry, wrapping her arms around me and burying her face against my shoulder. Kas winces, guilt hitting me as he turns fully toward us. "I'll find her. I brought you here, I'll get you out. You and your daughters," his features soften, sadness hitting me when mum sniffles. "Jackie, look at me," he murmurs gently, getting no response other than mum tightening her hold on me. "Look at me," his voice becomes firm but still with a softness to it and mum looks up at him with red eyes, tears running down her cheeks silently. "You and Rose... you're family and I will get you out of this," he smiles softly, putting his hand on mum's shoulder and squeezing. "I promise you, I give you my word."

Giving a small nod, mum squeezes me and then launches herself at the Doctor, making him yelp in surprise and raise his hands to the sides. "If it had to be anyone to have my Lizzie... I'm glad it's you," she mutters, squeezing the life out of Kas.