*Rise of the Cybermen*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 7139 words, is now 9325! Enjoy! :D

After what happened with Reinette, the Doctor had taken us to a few 'safe' planets

After what happened with Reinette, the Doctor had taken us to a few 'safe' planets. My favorite had to be this planet that was just a huge field with lakes of turquoise water. At night there were these lights - like the Northern Lights - and these multicolored flowers that would bloom. Another one was this massive marketplace where the Doctor and I had gone off on our own while Rose and Mouse looked around together. The Doctor and I'd gone around to all of the stalls, trying different foods and drinks that they were selling. There was this gross neon green, jelly blob thing that one of the vendors was giving out free samples for and I had shoved it into the Doctor's mouth. He'd immediately spit it out, grimacing and wiping at his tongue while I was bent over, crying I was laughing so hard - his face had been beyond priceless.

Stepping into the console room, I raise an eyebrow at the scene in front of me. Rose and the Doctor were sitting on the jump-seat, laughing hysterically while Mouse was stood by the console to listen.

"-and that weird munchkin lady with the big eyes?" the Doctor laughs. "Do you remember? The way she looked at you! And then she opens her mouth and fire comes out!" he clutches his stomach, leaning back against the seat and I smile at the memory.

"I thought I was gonna get frazzled!" Rose wheezes.

"Yeah!" the Doctor laughs. "One minute she's standing there and the next minute - rawwwh!" he and Rose mime fire coming out of their mouths, leaning against each other.

"Yeah... where... where was that, then?" Mouse asks, looking between them. "What happened?"

I frown when I see him holding down a button on the console - the Doctor'd been teaching me how to fly the TARDIS more seriously since France. That... what was he doing?

"Oh, it was this um..." the Doctor sobers, rubbing at his eye. "Uh, this uh... planet thing... asteroid... it's a long story, you had to be there," he waves off. "Tiny!" he beams when he sees me standing there.

The Doctor pouts when I ignore him and focus my attention on my best mate, "Mouse, what're you doing that for?"

"Cause he told me to," he shrugs, pointing to the Doctor with his free hand.

"Did he?" I raise an eyebrow, turning to the Doctor and folding my arms.

"... when was that?" the Doctor asks, avoiding my gaze.

"About half an hour ago," Mouse frowns and I glare at the Doctor.

"Um... you can let go now," the Doctor bites his lip, trying not to laugh as he rubs at his earlobe and I narrow my eyes between him and Rose, who was snickering quietly.

"Well, how long's it been since I could've stopped?" Mouse demands.

"Yes, Doctor, how long?" I ask, cocking my hip to the side.