*Tooth & Claw*

!EDITED!

A/N: was 10130 words, is now 12210! Enjoy!

The Doctor was taking Rose and me to the 1970s for Rose's birthday and we were in the wardrobe getting ready

The Doctor was taking Rose and me to the 1970s for Rose's birthday and we were in the wardrobe getting ready. I smile, moving over to her with my hands behind my back. "Happy Birthday!" I hold out a little velvet box to Rose.

Rose beams, taking the box and opening it. Inside was a gold chain with a clear glass ball; inside the ball was a tiny rose with little stars floating around it. 

"The stars and rose were frozen and compressed to fit inside the glass and it's indestructible," I explain as she looks at it with slightly wide eyes

"It's beautiful," Rose breathes out. "Thank you, Lizzie," she pulls me into a tight hug before pulling away and putting it on.

***

Rose and I step into the console room with our arms linked. Rose was wearing a short dungaree skirt, sheer black stockings, black mid-calf boots, and a pink t-shirt with a crown on it. "What do you think?" Rose gets the Doctor's attention and he looks over, taking in our outfits. "With this do?" she asks, taking her arm from mine and doing a little twirl.

"In the late 1970s? You'd be better off in a binbag," the Doctor smirks, making me roll my eyes as I move over to stand beside him. "This revenge for the shoes?" he raises an eyebrow, pulling on the lapels of my trenchcoat.

"Maybe," I smirk up at him, biting my lip to keep from laughing.

"It looks good on you," he smiles, making me blush and he sends me a wink. "Now, hold on, listen to this," he puts a CD into the console and I smile as the song Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick comes on. "Ian Dury and the Blockheads! Number One in 1979!" he grins, moving around the console and bobbing to the beat.

"You're a punk!" Rose laughs, leaning against the railing.

The Doctor winks, singing along, "it's good to be a lunatic!"

"That's what you are! A big old punk!"

"With a bit of rockabilly thrown in!" I giggle.