*Birthday Present*

!EDITED! 

A/N: was 2267 words, is now 3025! Enjoy! :D

After getting back to the TARDIS, the Doctor had gone off somewhere

After getting back to the TARDIS, the Doctor had gone off somewhere. I assume it was to give me some time to gather my thoughts and... maybe he needed to get his own in order? I had changed into some more comfortable clothes and settled down in the library with the musical instrument I liberated from Van Statten and a cup of hot tea. I smile at the soft melody that plays as I run my fingers over it softly.

"Thought I'd find you in here," the Doctor's voice makes me jump and drop the instrument. "Careless," he chuckles and stands in front of me, picking it off the floor.

"... you scared me..." I mutter, looking at my hands and wringing them.

"Sorry," he sits on the arm of my chair. "So..." he trails off.

"You... k-kissed me..." I bite my lip, not looking up at him.

"You kissed me back," he retorts, sounding calm but I could feel slight fear washing over me.

"Y-yeah... I... I did," I nod, smiling despite how incredibly awkward I feel right now.

"Hm, Rose was right," the Doctor muses.

That makes me frown, looking up at him, "right about what?"

"You would be a red, stuttering mess," he smirks, brushing a piece of hair from my face. "Cute one, though," he winks.

"W-what?" I squeak out, getting up and folding my arms. "You... you talked to my baby sister about- about kissing me?"

"Well, it was after you practically attacked me back on New Earth," he retorts, raising an eyebrow and his smirks widens.

"I- I-" I turn away from him, my face burning brighter. "That was Cassandra! N-not me!" I defend myself.

"Please, don't remind me," I hear the Doctor groan and feel hands on my hips, making me jump. "I was disappointed to find out that it hadn't been you that kissed me back then," he tells me lightly and I turn in his hold, blinking up at him.

"You... you were?" I ask quietly.

The Doctor hums with a nod, rubbing circles into my hips and I fight down a shudder. "After I found out it was Cassandra... it made me feel like something had been taken from me," he mutters, reaching up with one hand to cup my cheek. "Our first kiss and it wasn't even really you," he runs his thumb along my cheek.

"It um... wasn't exactly... not me," I mutter.

"What do you mean?" the Doctor frowns. "Cassandra was in control of you..." he trails off, his hand stilling as his eyebrows furrow.

"W-well... the thing is..." I trail off, chewing on my bottom lip and blushing when the Doctor's eyes catch the movement. "Cassandra... she, um... well, she- she only kissed you because of... how I- I was reacting to you..." I admit, looking away. "She... was using how I react to you... to-" I swallow thickly, folding my arms more tightly. "Have some fun..." I mutter.