Opposites Attract I: Part 2 - Another Side of Her

BarbieDolltheBeaut_

Thursday night, I arrive in Miami from a 8 p

Thursday night, I arrive in Miami from a 8 p.m. flight. My arrival time was 11 p.m. but I made it to my room at 12 a.m. Still, I haven't received a phone call from Armand, which was a relief, but Liv told me that Michael stopped at Waffle House and asked about me. I was seriously surprised that I would remain on his mind, like he is on mine.

"Girl, Michael is feeling you. He came in the following day expecting to see you, even though he didn't say it. I know so because he came inside, looked for you, then only ordered toast and coffee. Plus, he stayed there atleast for an hour. Each time the door chimed, he was alert and ready to see you!" Liv said in excitement

I yawn as I lay in the hotel bed flipping through channels "I'm not gon' lie..I've been thinking about him too. Hopefully, I'll see him again."

She interrupts me "Oh yeah, he asked about you too" she chuckled in a girlish tone

I sit up quickly "Stop fucking lying!"

"I'm not! He asked if I knew you well and I said yes and that we are really good friends. He also asked what do you like and shit and how beautiful you were. He was damn near feigning over you... He was so infatuated, girl"

I blush at her words "Wow"

"He hasn't been by this week though. Usually, that means he is on a business trip...you want me to give him your number when he comes by?"

"Girl, no! I'll give it to him myself. I just don't know if he is ready for me and my baggage. I'm trying to get rid of Armand and shit but he is not taking it. I just don't know what to do"

There was silence during the phone call. Liv broke the silence "You know what comes with this game, that's why I got out. You will find a way through. Time will tell."

I sigh "Your right but girl I have to go to bed. I have errands to run in the morning."

"Alright, let me know how the gig went. Bye"

"Bye. I love you, Liv."

"I love you,too" the call ends

*

At 9:30 p.m. my uber arrives to pick me up. I grab my backpack, hotel key and phone and walk out of the door. During my ride, I think about what to expect tonight. Of course, a nice payment because I do have rent due when I get back but I hope to have at least some fun. It's just that lately, I haven't been enjoying what I do. The only thing I love is the money. I've gotten to the point where I have saved up $35,000 over the course of two years, so I am well off after graduation. Some of the money did come from Armand, but I hid it from him because he is not obligated to my money. Neither am I to his but only 30 percent of what I saved was him. The other things I have are 'gifts'. You know the basics. Gucci shoes, purses, tuition payments, trips and ect. Upon arrival, I can hear the music playing from inside the building on the outside. With my backpack snugging my back and my cell phone in my right hand, I walk over to the bar and ask for the owner and order a drink. I sit back and observe the crowd and it looks like a good one. A few men were in suits, others were casually dressed but I could tell they had money. From the looks of it, this was an exclusive party, invite only. I take a sip of my Negroni drink while nodding my head to the music.