Opposites Attract II: Part 5 - The City of Romance

Turning 26 is a big accomplishment where I am from. Usually, this would be a celebration of being able to live once more but it felt like an unbelievable blessing. I woke up to kisses from my husband and with sweet kisses from down low. Soon after I was greeted by my first borns. Of course, they were giving me slobbery kisses followed by a stinky diaper. I did not mind because every moment I have with my family is every piece of peace I have wished for. Olivia pounces in my bed with a gift in her hand with her voice singing 'Happy Birthday' in a soulful octave. A frame of us when we were teenagers reflected in my eyes. The memory of the day beings to paint the hot summer day. The next gift was a brand-new Apple watch. The family I loved dearly surrounded me with much love. For once as I lied in the bed alone, my phone rang with a call from my grandmother and everyone who meant much to me. It consisted of her telling me how much she missed me and how I need to come back home. I do miss her dearly. The face-time calls we shared were not enough to satisfy how I felt. Each time I spoke to her, which was often, I tried my best to convince her to live with me, but it did not work. Even though the place I came from had so many memories that would hurt, I would visit each chance that I did with the twins. She was determined to live in Atlanta until her last days, which was soon. I could not imagine my life without her. The advice she's given me throughout the years and the character that has molded me. My choices in my life have not been the best but if I would have never made them, my husband, babies and my successful life would not exist today. I live in a beautiful home surrounded by acres of land that I can see with my naked eyes. I lean over the balcony and view what my eyes can see. Tears begin to stream at the thought of how blessed I am, instead of lucky. I wasn't always church going and I didn't pray as much as I should, but I felt God's presence on this day. My destiny is fulfilled. Michael's strong arms wrapped around my chest as he towered over my short stature. I embrace him to know his touch is appreciated.

"Look at this view."

He mumbles in my ear agreeing with me. "Beautiful isn't it? You know, I am so blessed to have you. I have been to a lot of places and met many faces, but none of them compare to you. I used to search for things like this and people like you until the day I came to you. Who would have thought the woman who has motivated my work ethic and changed my way of thinking, that I met her at a Waffle House on a Tuesday afternoon? I remember the Nike sweats you had on, your hair was in this huge puff and the Clark Atlanta bracelet you wore." The hair of his nose grazed my neck. "And the smell of chocolate that came from you, I still smell on you each time you until this day. Damn. This skin...glowy brown skin. Each day after, I hoped that I would run into you again. I would drive slowly by to see if your car would be there. I even stopped a few times. My night in Miami, I almost gave up until I saw your body under those blue fluorescent lights. I could not help but admire your beauty and grace as you danced. Everyone in the room could not keep their eyes off you." His pause was short. "Your reflection in the mirror can only allow you to see the surface and that's a damn shame. I swear, if you could see how I felt, it would be like some Twilight shit when Bella let Edward see her thoughts in the last movie."

My nose scrunches up and I laugh at him. "You've watched Twilight?"

His laugh was filled with embarrassment. "I've watched them all and read the books."

"It amazes me how I am learning so much about you still even though we have been together for a year. I could not imagine you watching Twilight."

"You have so much more to learn about me and I can say the same about you. Are you ready for the trip I have planned for us?"

"You have yet to tell me where we will be going." I turn around and held his chiseled v-line.

"This is a place I have never been before. This place is known for the delicious food and being the city of love." He pulls turns around to get an envelope with my name on the front. "Happy birthday, baby."

I open the envelope and there were two tickets. The ticket read Paris, France. I pounce on him and luckily, he was quick enough to catch me. I kiss his face repeatedly. "How do you afford me? Please tell me you did not get a private jet like last time."

"No, it's strictly first class though. I know how you are when I spend money, which I do not understand. Every time I spend on you, I promise it does not hurt my pockets like you think it does."

"You know how tight I am on money and I don't want you to feel like spending a hell of money will make me happy. I mean, it does when it's Chanel, Tiffany's, a Mercedes or you know Gucci." He laughs at me and brings me closer to his chest and I feel the rumble of his chest. I join him and laugh. "I am playing." I lied

"You are fucking lying. If I brought a Chanel bag here or even got you a new truck, you would not ask any questions about the price tag. So, stop all of the play."

"Alright. I'm done with playing. When are we leaving?"

"Our flight is in a few hours. Don't worry about packing heavy. We can buy everything when we land. All you need is the essentials."

**

The flight was long and well worth it. Being tangled with his body as we lie in bed reminds me of our first night together. I replayed how we seemed to be diametrically different but the more we talked and touched, our souls connected more and more. I study his closed eyes and watch him sleep peacefully after we made love. I trace his thick eyebrows and kiss his lips not wanting to wake him. I look out at the city and watch the snow fall steadily. I cover my body with the nearest sheet and touch the cool glass. I close my eyes taking in the moment. The bed moves, and he motions me over. My body laid on him as he rubs my back and he kiss my head at the same time her strokes it.

"You have so much hair."

"Stop complaining."

"I am not. I will never complain if I am with you. The first year of knowing you have been the best moments of my life. It did not matter how hard it has been. I would not change it for anything in the world. I love you."

"I love you more."

I soon fell asleep and woke up to the hidden sun trying to beam through the clouds. I knew today had a lot planned. I sat on the passenger side turning my head quickly trying to capture every moment of the city. The Louvre was our first stop the sightseeing lasted for hours until we decided to shop for the latest fashions. He spoiled me constantly each time he swiped his card and of course I returned the favor. We explored the Eiffel Tower and became inseparable. We constantly took pictures and held each other as the cold air hit us. Regardless of how cold it felt, we both felt warm each time we embraced. 

On our way back to our suite, we could not take our hands off of each other. Short glances were made as he stoked my inner thigh and I reached for him, not wanting it to stop. I knew when we make it back to the suite, he was most definitely get it...