Part 22: Adjusting to Changes

Lauryn's POV

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing but I'm ready for it to be over. I'm six months into it and with the new stretch marks and swollen ankles, it's time for the babies to drop. Also, don't forget the late night hunger. Michael and I haven't come up with any names, so I'm at my desk at work searching for some. For the girl, I've been stuck on Melanie or Heather. But for our son, I can't come up with anything in the world. I'm even trying my best to stay clear of stress but it's kind of hard because of my job. Luckily, I have new friends and colleagues that are helping me out with my client load.

It's a blessing that I have my career where I want it to be. As a personal accountant, it's hard keeping up with all of your clients when you are the top choice in Los Angeles. My clientele has grown tremendously and the salary I get is finally what I've been working so hard for. Meeting famous celebrities and wealthy socialites every day who ask for your help is a dream.

I search through my files for a new client that I have today. I don't know much about him because he was put as my client as a referral from my friend and colleague, Justine.

She couldn't take him as a client because of her booked schedule. So, I decided to be nice enough to take this client off of her load even though I have a lot on mine already.

Liv and I haven't resolved our problems and I want to with her. The problem is, I don't know where to start with this. I miss her as a friend and it's hard for me not to be able to share the last moments of my pregnancy with her. I scroll through my contacts and find her number. I keep my thumb above the blue call button. I read the name, Olivia a numerous amount of times. I hear my office door open and see Justine bouncing in.

"Hey, I hope you weren't busy. I wanted to give you this file on the client you're taking today. I forgot to give it to you."

"Oh, no girl. I'm still thinking about baby names. It's much harder than I thought it would be and I thought I wasn't crazy. I was just looking for that."

"I know. I figured out a name until a week before my son was born. Speaking of babies, I planned out your baby shower. So, everything should be set out before the week after next. Is there anyone else you want me to invite?"

"Um, yeah. I have a friend in Atlanta."

"Okay..." she pulls out her notepad and waits for me to finish.

"Olivia Harris."

"Address?"

"I don't know it. I mean I know it but...I haven't talked to her in five months. The last place I know she lived is in Decatur. She's mad I left without telling her. We got into a bad argument and we said things we should have never said."

"Fighting words?"

I sigh and shift uncomfortably in my chair. "Yeah, it ended off with a 'fuck you' basically. I miss her and I really want her to come. I want to call too but it may go back to the way our convo ended before. She doesn't even know I'm pregnant. I wanted her to be the second to know. It's killing me that she doesn't understand why I left. "

"Look, I'll try my best to find her but you need to resolve that. And get your ass together because Kyrie Irving is about to walk in your office. Okay?"

"Kyrie? Girl, I have nothing to be excited for. I'm pregnant as hell. Men don't even do double takes at me anymore. Just all belly and booty now." I rub my stomach and slide my shoes back on.

"And you're so cute with your belly. I do see your face plumping up though."

I playfully swing at her and she moves out of the way.