Part 26: My forever

Michael's POV

My stress level has been at its highest. I haven't heard anything back from the situation and it's taking a toll on me. It's hard trying to be there for Lauryn and be happy when I'm not. It's not that I'm not happy with her, but with the situation. I knew that relationships come with a lot but I don't know how much I can take. Of course, we are going to make it through, but I want to get to the happy part of our life. I've been trying my best to avoid the situation but it results in myself ignoring her. My true thoughts about the situation are so over bearing to the point I don't want to be at home to talk about it. She hasn't brought it up, but there is still the tension between Olivia and I. I try to avoid the fact I didn't like that Olivia brought in a new person into this but it's getting hard to deal with.

Our issue is a problem that I haven't spoken on yet and I choose not to. I feel this way because I see how happy Lauryn is being around her again. They're spending more time together and she's actually going outside of the house ever since she's been on maternity leave. I know she's isn't happy about not working but it was recommended for her not to because of her highly stressful job. Speaking on my feelings would make her feel worse about it especially since she more sensitive since she's pregnant. I hate having to avoid her and not express my true feelings of how mad I am. If I tell her how I feel then, I would come off as an asshole for sure. So, I keep how I feel to myself.

Today I decided to leave early and look at the beach. This is the only area where I could get a piece of mind. I sat on the trunk of my car thinking about how peaceful my life should be while watching the sunset. I hop off my trunk and walk stroll through the sand until I reached the shore. Just thinking and reminiscing of when things were perfect.

"Babe?"

I shake my head and turn around to see Lauryn standing there with a basket in her hand. I walk over to take the basket from her. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I saw you were here. You forgot to take your location off from when you shared it s few days ago." She giggles. "And you were here for a while so, I figured you would like to have a bite to eat with me. I cooked dinner. It's your favorite, fish tacos." She took out the blanket and laid it out.

I stood back and admired how beautiful she was and watched her short hair blow in the wind. "Thank you, babe. I sure am hungry." I rolled up my sleeves and help her spread out the blanket. She arranges the basket as I take off her shoes. "Have you been on your feet all day again? They are swollen as hell. "

"I promise I haven't. I've been in the house all day. The only time I was on my feet was when I was cooking dinner for us and when Olivia and I rearranged the nursery." She made my plate and hands it to me. "You better stop coming for me." She jokes.

"Thank you." I take a bite out of my food and look at the water once more. "I'll come for you how ever much I want, baby girl and stay off of your feet and stop moving things. You know exactly what the doctor said about that."

"Ugh. I know. I tried to wait for you but I couldn't resist." She took a bite into her food. "Plus, I didn't know when you would make it home."

We ate our food in silence until she broke it.

"Y'know I've been thinking about us and I want us to be happy. Things have not been perfect and I feel like it's my fault at times. The distance between us has made me aware to the situation. I should have been asked you how you felt but I didn't know how to. I know we've been together for a while but I want to assure you that you can tell me about how you feel. I never want you to feel like you have to keep the burden to yourself." She grabs my hand. "I'm here and I'm not leaving. Your feelings are not a weakness, Michael. It's a strength and a great quality trait about you."