Part 20: Promises

We lay in the bed intertwined watching the sunrise as he strokes my spine

We lay in the bed intertwined watching the sunrise as he strokes my spine. I look up and see his small eyes studying my face.

"Why you staring at me?" I kiss his soft lips. I couldn't resist whenever they were available to me.

"Cause..." He chuckles and kisses me back. "I don't know."

After multiple rounds of having sex, I am convinced I won't enjoy this vacation due to soreness. But I could not get enough of him and I don't know why. All I know is that, I am madly in love with him. When I'm with him, it feels as if I've known him before. Moving away may have been the best decision I've made. It was hard to trust him with this but I had to learn to give in with no regrets.

"So, we have to talk about our living arrangements in LA."

"Okay. What are some good spots to stay?" I reach over to my purse to grab a painkiller. My body began to tense in pain again.

"We can either get a nice apartment downtown LA or a home. Either is fine. I was thinking an apartment or townhouse until we find a home we really like."

"As long as it's spacious unlike my last apartment. By the way, did you deal with the stuff about my apartment?" After the incident, I haven't stepped foot inside. Michael didn't want me leaving the house anyway. So, he chose to take care of my personal things.

"Uh, Yeah. I sold anything that could be sold. All the money from that was put into your new account. I talked to the bank and explained what happened to you was a case of fraud. But I couldn't get your money back you earned previously because of them saying some shit about technical issues, which is pure bullshit. But I did put the money you earned on your last night in there too." He pulls me back into the bed "And then some."

I look over and he is smirking at me but I couldn't believe all of my money is really gone. My hard work for nothing.

"Thank you, baby. You really do take care of me. I don't know how I'll every amount to what you do."

"I promised I would and being here with me is enough."

Our plans for our week wasn't much. Strictly napping, waking up, having sex, eating, repeat. Tonight he wanted it to be different, but I wasn't there for it. I felt sick once again. This time I have to get something to relieve my stomach.

"Damn it." I brush my teeth of the remains of the food I ate. I know this can't be a case of the stomach bug.

I lay out my dress for tonight and I reach for my purse to get my hair brush out. I notice I haven't gotten my refill of birth control. No, I can't be. I mean, I could but no. Not me. I sit on the plush lounge chair.