Opposites Attract II: Part 13 - Supposedly Brothers

Michael's POV

Steelo and I walked around the outreach center, we invested in, inspecting everything making sure it was correct

Steelo and I walked around the outreach center, we invested in, inspecting everything making sure it was correct. The event was days away and everything had to be perfect. My name and finances are at stake with this project because technically, it wasn't mine anymore. It was something I gave to him to help him branch out as his own man. It is up to him to plan accordingly but I'm giving my trust in him. He has not been the best with money. Even though I'm not a fan of incorporating a business with your friends, I gave him the chance to prove himself for the first time. I stood by his side watching him take control of situations that needed to be done. His voice was authoritative but not controlling to the employees setting up the grand opening.

"I never thought it would be this stressful," he shook his head

"That's the cost of being a businessman." I shrug my shoulders. We sit down in a folded chair next to each other. "It's not as easy as it looks."

"You've shown me that the hard way." He says as he takes a sip of his drink. "How's Lauryn and the babies?"

"Oh, she's good, man. Just thriving and shit in her career. You know she's talking about investing in business property like me?" I smile at the thought of it.

"On some boss shit. It looks like she is taking Naomi's advice."

"Nah, bro. She's taking her own." I roll my eyes at him when his back is turned.

"Hm, I guess." his voice was monotone. "Besides that, how was the New York trip? I forgot to ask about that."

I chuckled, "It was a trip for sure."

He smirks, "Girls?"

"Oh, nah. Nothing like that." I defend myself.

He studies my face, "what?" I laugh.

"I know you're married and all but you never...y'know?"

A low snicker I made grew louder to the point my laugh echoed off the bare walls. "Oh my God, bro. I can't." I cover my face and laugh more.

"I'm dead ass." He laughs with me. "We're men. It's bound to happen and I'm surprised it hasn't happened to you yet."

"I mean," I continued to laugh "yeah but I don't have any looks for any other women,"

"Not even your fine ass assistant?!"

"Nah. It's not like that anymore, I guess."

He sat on the edge of his chair, "Anymore?"

I slightly roll my eyes, now I would have to explain myself, I thought. "It wasn't like that. She would flirt with me, and I would flirt back. Simple as that. It all stopped when I met Lauryn. Since then, I haven't had any other relations besides her. I get approached all the time but I couldn't jeopardize our marriage over some bullshit."