Part 25: New ties

"He did what?" I yell.

"Yep. That bitch did it. Luis and Armand are fucking snitches. Even though Armand is dead, Luis is still trying to put Eddie in jail. Lauryn, you remember when those guys were trying to get us to talk to them that night at the gala. I found out they were undercover cops. I know you were tipsy but do you remember?"

"Yeah?" I stare at the paper in disbelief.

"Look at the paper. Don't those names look familiar? Then Chadwick knew the under covers as well. Didn't he tell you he worked for a security agency or some bullshit?"

"He did. Wait! Chadwick is undercover???" I skim the paper once more to look for his name on one of the papers.

"How in the hell you know so much?" Michael adds.

"I am the FBI agent of ATL on the low. I always know people business. I swear, I'm going to open an investigation business when I get the chance. But what you think I did Michael? I looked his ass up. Plus, I forget nothing. Now, I can't figure out if he is or not cause he's not on the paper. You'll have to ask him. I am brainstorming right now because the guy that's put as an undercover cop, was at the gala with Chadwick."

"Why are you two's names on this paper? You two didn't give statements." Michael sat down with the paper in his hand.

"Cause the cops thought we were apart of the operation. We were but there was no proof. So, our names lingered around." Olivia sat down next to us. "We're in the clear though. All we need is Chadwick to validate this or to set up a trap."

"And Eddie," I add

"I got Chadwick. He told me Luis and Armand owed money to someone and he didn't know his name. I can't believe this shit." He walks around the living room.

"I told Mike it was Eddie he owed money to."

"See. I think we have something solid here. How fast could you get him here, Michael?" Olivia says while examining the both of us. "I know how to get Eddie here."

"I'll try my best to get him when the plan falls into place." Michael says as he's looking up at the ceiling.

I look at her in a confused look.

" I heard he's going to be clubbing tomorrow night. I'm sure it will be easy to get in because I've kicked it with him a few times." She lifts her hands up in a showcase motion.

"Okay. And?" I add

"I don't know if you knew this but Eddie covers up his drug trafficking through the label he started. He has a club appearance also and is throwing a party for one of his artist there. I could stop by there and put a bug in his ear."

"You are so smart." I reach over to hug her.

"I need a way to get in. Maybe, I could pull some strings or send him a text to get access. Nah, a text to him would be too obvious...and I would be leaving a trace."

"How about you find your way to him? Maybe spend the night and before you leave, use a burner phone to airdrop him these papers. I'll provide the phone." Michael adds. "That all you need to do. He may find us after that easily or he could get rid of him on his own and we could never hear from him again." He strokes his mustache in deep thought.

"I can't let you go in by yourself. It's too dangerous."

"Lauryn, your pregnant ass sure isn't going. I'm telling you, I got this. I'm getting all of us out of this shit. You two and I won't ever have to worry about his ass again. I promise. I'm going to get your money back too Michael." Olivia smirks as she plays with her nails.