Part 11: "I should have done this a long time ago."

Look at him looking like a cute ass boyfriend

I cannnaaaa! Now back to the story....

  We spent the rest of our night cuddling and catching up on our new show Love and Hip-hop Atlanta until we fell asleep. Even though he insists that he doesn't like it, he seems to know more about their lives than I did. I wake him up with his favorite breakfast in bed. I carry the tray up to the room and place it on the ottoman. I nudge his shoulder and he wakes up immediately to grab me back in bed.

"I cooked your favorite." He let me go and sat up for his tray. "French toast with eggs and some of your favorite fruit. Oh yeah, syrup."

He examined his plate with a smile. "Thank you, baby. Come eat some with me."

"I forgot your apple juice I'll be right back."

"No, that's fine. I still have some water left. Come."

I climbed into his high bed and underneath the sheets to take one of his blackberries away from him. After eating, we got dressed for the day of shopping. Lennox Square wasn't that busy since we arrived early in the day. We both went out separate ways since he has to pick up a suit for himself. He gives me is Black Card and I think I swiped it a little too much. I carried Prada, Steve Madden, Bloomingdale's, and Fendi shopping bags. Michael has a few bags himself but he would not let me go through his Cartier bag. I brush it off and continue to enjoy this peaceful moment between us.

Our ride home consisted of small talk. Nothing too extravagant. We decide to stop at the local cafe to grab a bite and coffee because we grew hungry.

The barista hands him his muffin. "Enjoy, sir"

"Wait, you know what. Give me another one and the croissant."

I laugh at him being so greedy as I held my latte in hand. I couldn't resist taking a picture of him stuffing all that food in his mouth.

In a muffled voice he said "Damn, Lauryn. Why you had to catch me slipping like that?" I wipe the corner of his mouth as we walk to a table in a corner.

"Memories. I want to keep them." 

"Mhm. I think that was for your personal laughs."

"Well maybe."

We take our seats and sit and eat until I decided it was the right time to tell him about finally not working at the club. I am hesitant because I don't know if he would respond in a negative way about the last job I would have to do. Plus, I want this moment to be peaceful and no memories of us debating.

"So, I am not working at the club anymore. I quit the night you came home."

He looks at me surprised. "Really? That's great! I mean, that's good." His tone changed when he saw I put my head down to his response. "I know that was your income but I got you. I'll pay for everything and have your back through this transition. You can stay with me if you want."

"Thank you. But I have one more job to do." He looks up at me to finish. "It's the annual baller's bash. A lot of celebrities will be there. I just want to let you know that. After that, I am done." He nods his head and finished eating his food. "While we are talking about my problems, I hate to tell you this but my ex is harassing me. He sent me a text about seeing you leaving my apartment and he came by when you were sleeping."

He looks up quickly when I said that he came by "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I knew you would fight him and I wanted to get rid of him on my own. He came by drunk and there is no telling what he would have done."

A heavy exhale emits from his mouth. "I understand but I'm glad you told me. Let me see the texts." I pass him my phone and he drank his coffee as he read the messages. He made eye contact and asks, "Did he used to fight you?" I don't respond and look out at the cars on the street. "Look at me." There was a slight twitch he made with his jaw. "We are filing a restraining order because I will kill this man if he bothers you again. You finished with your food?" He passed me my phone.

"Yeah." I gather my things and he grabs my trash to take to the trash bin. Held my hand on our drive to the police station but he was silent which was not like him. The time we spent at the station was lengthy because of the paperwork that had to be filled out, the process of showing documentation of harassment and the painful part was giving a verbal statement about the abuse. Michael was there to comfort me during this time and I was happy that he was. There was no way I couldn't do all of this by myself. The process would have driven me insane. When I gave the account of the verbal abuse, he began to shift a lot in the chair but he continued to encourage me to finish it out. By the time we leave the sun was at its highest still.

**

"I want you to know that I am very proud of you. You are really a strong person and I'm sorry that he has been doing this to you."

"I couldn't have done it without you being there. I should have done this a long time ago."

"Don't blame yourself. You've just learned from this and all you can do is keep pushing forward."

I shift on my left side on the lounge chair to face him. He was watching waves in the lake behind his home while leaning on the balcony. "I'm just glad that we have this time together. Thanks for coming back earlier."

He takes a glance at me. "I didn't want to leave you when I left. This traveling shit with my job is going to be difficult since we are in a relationship. I've gotten so used to being single that I didn't think about if I had a woman, how would my traveling affect our relationship"

"You don't have to stop traveling so much Michael. It's normal for couples to miss each other."

"I understand but your situation...I just don't want to leave you alone for so long. You feel me? I feel like I would lose you."

I look into his eyes. "I understand." He gives me a kiss on the lips. "Tell me about this guy we are meeting tomorrow."

"His name is Javier. I've already made up my mind to reject his deal. I think he knows it."

"Why you say that?"

"Because I usually close partnerships quickly if I am on board but he's asking too much. And I don't think his a good investment."

"Then why meet him again?"

"I just want to see if I'm wrong and be sure about my decision. But I know I'm going to say no. Plus he's paying for the meal. So shit why not?"

I tap his shoulder and lay my head on it. "That's so uncool."

"Canoe has some good ass food. You'll see tomorrow. By the way, I set you up a hair appointment in the morning. She's one of the best hairdressers in Atlanta."

"I trust your judgment. I need my ends cut anyway."

"And I'm leaving for a haircut too. So I'm most likely going to be gone when you wake up since you sleep in so late."

"Alright. Well, I'm ready to go home. I need some time to myself from today. I'm exhausted." I hug myself as I walk back into the house.

His footsteps were close and he held me from behind. I could feel how hard he was on my ass. I smile at him as he kissed my cheek. "You sure you want to be alone? I'll stay until you fall asleep."

This man was so charming that it was sickening. I try to resist as he held me tighter and reached his hands down to my thighs. "Okay...you can."

He released me and I look back at him to see a devilish grin. I flip my hair over my shoulder to brush him off. He reaches over and tugs my hair. I tackle him and we end up falling on the floor and making love once more.