Opposites Attract I: Part 8 - A New Love

A short wind hits me and I lean against the door hoping that he will go away

A short wind hits me and I lean against the door hoping that he will go away. But he grew louder with his slurred voice.

"Lauryn, open the door, please. I know you-you are here" with short unsynchronized knocks.

I look back once more to hear that Michael was still sleeping. I swing the door open quickly for it not to make noise. I step into the hall and give him a blank stare.  Armand looks at me in astonishment that I actually opened and that I have a robe on that gave a glance at my bare chest. He knew I always slept with big t-shirts on and only wore revealing nightwear for him. I could tell he was growing angry but his expression appeared that he was going to address why I am dressed this way. I look into his eyes with anger and my nostrils slowly pulsating.

The hate I feel for this man is unimaginable.

"What? I told you that I am meeting you for dinner tonight and that I was busy. Why are you here? In our arrangement documents, it states that 'personal invitation without an invitation is a violation. The punishme-"

"I know what the fuck it says." he rolled his eyes and let out a deep breath. I could smell the stench of Bourbon on his breath, that angered me. I hated Bourbon not only because of the smell but it reminds me of him. I was so fed up with his bullshit that it made me want to wake up Michael, so he could knock him the fuck out. But I knew that this situation would upset him as it already did before or make it worse. "Look, I just wanted to apologize for everything. I came from the bar and all I did was think about you and what you have done for me. You did things that could have gotten yourself in trouble but you did it because you cared about me. I didn't even value that when I had it and now I want to. I want to be with you and say 'fuck you' to this arrangement shit. My wife, she's leaving me. I'm not just saying this because she is but because I want you. I understand that you want to leave, but please give a week to make it up to you. We can go to Cabo like we did last summer." he grabbed my hands and held them firmly. I continue to look at him angrily. "What do you say? Just let me come in and make it up to you."

I backed away from his initiation of a kiss. "No, I said I was busy and I meant that." I look down the long hallway outside my apartment to look for bystanders. I walk up to his face. "This is over. If you want me to return items, I will. I ju-"

"Wait, you're that serious enough to return my gifts?" he throws my hands down and takes a few steps away from me. "Who is the new SD you are screwing now?"

My initial response would have been to snap at him but I remind myself I'm not going to let my anger control me. "I'm in love." My words softly emit from my lips. He looks at me in astonishment.

"I doubt that. You just found a bigger bank account to pull from." He scoffs and flips his hand at me.

"Armand shut the fuck up." I reach for my doorknob.

"Fuck him and you."

I look back at him. "You know what, you'll never do that again because you don't compare to what he has. And yeah, his money is way longer than yours plus it's legit." I smile and walk into my apartment to my man.