Preview of Opposites Attract

Two weeks before graduation

My lies have caught up to me. I stand at his door hesitating on whether to knock or ever speak to him again. I know he hates me after what I've done. I regret not telling him the truth and when he tried to make it work, I pushed him away. I knew if I left, I would be a fool because I have no place to go. Everything had been taken away from me. My home, car, money and mental sanity. Tears well in my eyes as I cover my mouth to not allow a whimper to leave. My clothes are soaking wet from walking to his home from taking the closet metro stop, which was at least 5 miles away. The porch light was on and also was the kitchen light, so I knew he was here. For once in my life, my pride had to leave. I wipe my tears and look down at my hand that had black mascara on them. I ring the doorbell. My leg is shaking on a constant rhythm because of being so cold. Moments pass and the door is cracked open. He examined my clothes but looked unfazed. We stared at each other until I spoke.

"I'm sorry."

Silence from his lips. A blank stare. No emotion. The sound of raindrops falling and the strong wind blowing.

"Michael, I'm sorry. I was wrong. Please don't push me away." I plead once more.

He bows his head and grabs my hand to walk me inside. He leads me to his bedroom and closes the door. I walk to the center of his room still silent looking at his back. He turns and walks toward me. Our eye contact was strong. There was hurt, passion, betrayal, forgiveness and for once I felt love. I place my hands on my face and he pulls me closer to his bare chest. I felt pain from the bruise on my arm that Armand inflicted on me but Michael's touch made it painless. I sob that I'm sorry so many times that my head began to hurt. My fear of putting my trust into this man's heart led me here broken and confused. He breaks the embrace still not saying a word. He wipes my tears with his thumbs and holds my hands after cleaning what he could.

"I love you...I love you. I mean it. I should have been said it and I won't use excuses. I need you and I'm not ashamed." I sniffle and rub my sore nose. Silence and a blank stare. My stomach feels as if it is falling "Please say something back. Please baby."

He licks his lips and breaks eye contact with me to look at the cream walls in his room. His eyes connect with mine. "Stay with me. Not just for tonight. I want you here in my bed like I've been wanting you since I first laid down with you. I got you. I got us. Anything you need I'll provide. You're my woman and the power to my heart and I love you more than I could imagine. I don't want you to leave me again." He bent down to kiss me with so much passion that I could cry again. This time, I knew not to make the same mistake over again.