Opposites Attract I: Part 9 - It's Me

5 weeks until graduation

The first few days being alone in his huge house was hard. I don't see how he does it. Of course, he always called me at the right time when I felt lonely. He insisted that he was going to take the earliest flight back home and I was anticipating on seeing his face and touching his body again. Today I came from taking my graduation pictures and I also received my CPA exam results and I passed. Hopefully, I will have some job offers soon because my professor put out recommendations for me. I haven't received any calls from Armand which was great but he doesn't stay away too long.

After pampering myself at the nail shop I decide to go back to my house because I felt safe. Plus, I needed more clothes for two more days, since I was leaving his house on Thursday. Walking into my apartment nothing was different so I began packing. As I was about to walk out of my door I receive a text from Michael

I'll be home tomorrow. I'll send you some money so you can get beautiful for me.

Then a second one was sent

I bought those sweatpants for you. 🍑🍑

I send back

Lol. You're so nasty. I can't wait to put them on though. I can't wait to see you.

I walk out of my apartment and drive back to his home to get ready for another night of dancing.

Tonight wasn't so extravagant

Tonight wasn't so extravagant. Majority of the time I sat in the dressing room writing in my journal. I knew I had to be out there because it was slow and I could hear chatter about no one isn't making money. Rule number one: Don't always run out there, wait until someone with money comes. The girls here don't understand that. They are so quick to snatch off their bra for any man, and that results in them not getting paid. You're dancing naked for free! I even knew better when I first made it here.

"I wish her ass would come out here. She's always in that damn journal"

I look up in the mirror at myself and try to ignore the comment that was said about me.

"I don't know why she acting like that. She must be leaving. Anyways she needs to stop playing."

I place my journal down softy and turn around and look at the two girls. They look so young, at least 16 but I know Rich let them work here, even though they do look 19. I look at them in disbelief because that was me. Young and lost. Not knowing how to be my own woman until I was the age of 20. All they see is the money and celebrities they can get in with. I was once like that too.

"How old are y'all?"

They both look at each. "19"

"Baby, I know you're younger than that. Your face is so innocent without all of that makeup. And your voice sounds so young." I exhale and slouch in my chair. "Don't let this life dominate you because I can see it now. You may not be listening to shit I say but don't let this be your only option like I did." I turn back around and grab my journal

"You're the top breadwinner in here, besides Solana but that's not the point! All of us want to be like you here. We want that popularity like you. We know that no one isn't spending money without you out there. Tell her, Heiress. Wasn't it dead as fuck without her last week"

The girl nodded her head slowly

"We got yelled at by Rich about that shit."

"You don't want this fame when you get older. Especially if you're trying to settle down. Like what I said, y'all need to get another plan because this here, isn't going to last forever." I turn back around and walk out of the dressing room angrily in the search of Rich. Each time I come here, he's hiding ever since it got out I was leaving. Tonight I will find him because it's time these games end. I go through every door in the club looking for him. Some of the men put up money for a dance and I didn't even bother. I make it his office and I see him having sex with one of the girls in his office. This isn't the first time so I stand there and wait until they're finished. The both of them are scrambling to get their selves together. Soon after, she walks out with her clothes on and giving me a glare. I roll my eyes and slam his office door.

"I told her to lock that door." An embarrassed chuckle emits. He motions me to sit. I look at the seat to make sure nothing unusual was there.

"I'm leaving."

"What? Why?"

"Really, Rich. This was not going to be my life forever. I told you the from the beginning."

"That's what every girl says that walks through my doors. I'm not letting you out of your contract anytime soon."

I raise up "Yes, the fuck you are. That contract has been voided for a year now. You think I'm that fucking dumb not to know?" I motion toward the door. "I'm not those dumb little bitches you control in here. You knew that from the jump. Release me, now"

"You owe me a favor anyway" I place my hands on my hips. "Sit down, gorgeous. You too beautiful to be angry like that." Once he realized his sweet y'all wasn't working, he decided to get serious. I sit back down eventually. "Look, it's been kind of scarce here. I need a big increase in cash flow. I am having a ballers bash next week and I need you. Big faces will be here."

"Like who?" I had a feeling he was just talking to calm me down.

"Yo Gotti, his crazy brother what's his name...Blac Younsta, Moneybagg Yo, Nicki, Wayne is coming. Drake is too and you know he loves to see you dance. I'm sure some other things, too"

"Cut the bullshit. I've never hooked up with that man."

"Yeah right. The blogs said something different. But be here."

The thought of all the money I won't make blinds me from my real reason for being in his office. I lean towards his desk "Look after this, I'm not coming back. It's over. Don't call for favors. Nothing. If anyone asks about me. I am not available." By the look on his face, he knew I was serious and knew not to ask me again. "I'll be here next Friday. I'm leaving the club now. By the way, you're not getting a cut of my money this time."

I back up the door still maintaining eye contact until I turn around. "Who is he that's making you stop dancing?"

I knew what he meant. He knew back in the day nothing would stop me from my money.

"It's me." I close his door and walk out of the club with my items in hand. I'm never coming back.

The drive back home was silent. All I did was think about how empowered I felt for putting my foot down. I've always been walked over and this time, I had to stand for myself and not be afraid to speak my mind. I unlock the door and hear soft music playing. Did the chef forget to turn his music off because I knew he liked to have it playing while cooking? I see Michael cooking dinner with no shirt on. Gosh, he was so sexy. I watch his muscles move when he motioned slightly.

I place my bag down on the floor. "Hey."

No matter how many times he would smile at me, I would blush. His smile was beyond contagious and his lips, so full and sexy. "I decided to come home earlier. I missed you." I got on my toes for a long warm kiss on the lips. His arms grabbed my waist to pull me closer. This moment of embracing him felt like euphoria and made feel better than I did when I was high. It was broken by the sound of the food bubbling over. "Oh shit." He ran over to the pot to turn down the temperature. "Now back to you..."

***