Opposites Attract II: Part 7 - Private life, maybe?

Coming back home was the anticipating part

Coming back home was the anticipating part. We finally were able to see the twins and enjoy the comfort of our own home. The surprises did not end once we made it back. I decided to turn a spare room into Lauryn's personal office. This was a going back work gift that was overdue. We agreed it was time for her to go back a while ago. Our personal time together made our relationship get back to where we were before we became parents. I love my wife dearly, but sometimes I felt as if something is missing. It was the romance and pure intimacy we once had. Now, that's restored it's very selfish for me to say, but I'm now confident I'm in her good graces. I never thought our relationship would fail. Never. But I needed to remind her, she all ways will be mine. Everything was a reminder of how we need to keep everything together for us. We have too much to lose, and so much to gain.

Packing for this business trip was a dread because something inside of me didn't want to leave. The busy life, I used to love, I hated. The social meter of my life is changing. It's coming to the place where I didn't socialize much with my fraternity brothers or close friends. Socialization is what I do to make changes in my life, family, and community.

Saying goodbye to my family was a task I did not want to complete. I kiss Lauryn on the face so many times, she was lathered with the wetness of my lips. Her forehead lays on the crevice of my chest, not wanting to let her go. It didn't matter how much I begged, I knew she wouldn't come with me. She knew how the hotel life was and hated it so much. I didn't want to put her through the stress of traveling anyway. It felt better to leave her at home with people she knew, including my mother who is visiting the twins. At least she is dropping me off at the airport for a send off.

She held my hand as we walked to the terminal. "Are you okay? You've been very quiet during the ride and we both know that isn't you."

"The trip we took was...I'm going to miss you." My hand grips hers. "A lot."

"I'm going to miss you too."

"Mm. You know, I'll be gone for a week this time and the stress of this trip will be crucial. It's so much shit to do that I can't believe I let myself get behind on."

"How will you manage?"

"Late nights, I guess? I will figure it out."

Lauryn looks over my shoulder due to a distraction. "And that means?"

"I want you to come and help."

Her eyes met with mine. Smile lines form due to her knowing it was bullshit. "Help? Ohhhh okay. Help...you know there's not going to be any help involving work going on. I got my own things I need to do with my job so, we need to use this time wisely. Let's go cold turkey on the lovemaking for now." She strokes my hand.

"True enough. I'll let you work. I'm proud of you, Mani."

She blushes with embarrassment. "My nickname. Ugh. I'm proud of you too, Kari." She says in a taunting way. Her hands trail my arms. "You have a flight to catch. Be safe. I love you."