Part 18: "I'm coming with you."

I felt helpless. Alone. Deceived. Forgotten. My consciousness slowly came back in slow blinks. The room was dark and cold. I try to stand up but I couldn't. My ankles and wrist were tied to a chair. Oh fuck. Why did I have to leave his house and come to his? I'm so damn dumb and I shouldn't have taken his advances like I should have. I begin to scream for help until my throat is dry. No one could hear me. I was alone, waiting for the unimaginable.

"Lauryn. Wake up. C'mon."

I felt someone lightly tapping my face. My eyes open slowly and I see Chadwick. I wasn't in the chair anymore. My leg is chained to a wall and my hands were free. I didn't even notice I passed out once again.

"I let you out cause I didn't want your circulation to cut off. Look, we don't have much time but I had to do this. I owe him as well. It would have been my life too and I had to do what I had to do."

I gave him a menacingly look. I wanted to attack him but I knew I had to play nice to survive.

"There's a bucket next to you if you need it. You know...your body will reject the drugs sooner or later."

I put my head down and look at the chain. "So, you were working for Armand this whole time?"

He nodded in response. "I'm sure you have so many questions so I'll go over the basics since I don't have much time with you. You've been here for two days. I did not do anything to disrespect you at all... I would never do that but it's important that I say that."

I broke his statement. "How did you know I was coming and how did you find me when my car broke down? I was practically in the middle of nowhere."

"Tracking device."

I am disgusted by his response. I crawled to the bucket and threw up violently. Why is this happening to me?

"Look, I'm sorry. I swear I didn't want to do this. I genuinely liked you. It was either me or..."

"Myself. So what is he going to do? Kill me?"

"Honestly, I don't know. He didn't tell me much but from what he said, no one else will want you after this. How did you get involved with him?"

"Does it matter?" I barked back. "All my life, I've wanted to live right and when I was so close to having it, it slipped through my hands."

He looks at his phone and walks to the desk that was in the corner. "I know you're hungry and thirsty. Take a sip of water. Nothing is in it I swear and take a bite of bread."

I hesitated but I do so.

"He's here. I have to go."

I watch him walk away walk away. He turns on the bright lights that cause me to moan in frustration. I scan the room looking for an exit and there was only one. It was so cold and eerily silent. So silent my breaths felt loud and my thoughts felt like screams. I sat there an thought about Michael. I'm sure he's worried about me but is he? The way we left off, I knew it was over. It hurt me so bad that he still loves this woman but how could I be mad when he thought she was having his child? Tears stream down my face as I lay on the floor rubbing my sore wrist.

"Well. I see you're alive. You really thought I forgot about you?"

I turn around and see Armand walking in.

"You know he called me and told me no. I was fine with that but you... I can't let you slip away." He strokes my face with his finger. I jerk my head away from him then I feel him strike my nose.

A ringing noise pulsates through my ears. I lay on the floor trying to gain consciousness from the blow.

"Everything I've done for you! You leave me like that? All of the money, trips, and gifts. Then, you return my fucking gifts?" My face is in his palms and I try to pry his hands from my face. "I loved you and had so many plans for you!"