Opposites Attract I: Part 4 - You're Everything

I decided to stay. I knew I wasn't going to leave when he asked me to, so I didn't even resist. His charm and transparency grew us closer. His attentive ways made our time endlessly memorable. Of course, he was out here in business so he had to take phone calls and go to meetings but when he made it back, I was showered with kisses, love and attention. He didn't even question me again about dancing and I loved that. Today he was out on a business venture so, I've been alone since 7 am. Now it is 3 pm and I miss him. I haven't gotten a phone call yet, which I knew wasn't going to happen but I missed his presence. Since he knew he was going to be out for a while he left me his black card for me to go shopping or do whatever I desire. I chose not to use his card but instead just spend my own money. I get dressed in a regular dark green tee with dark wash jeans paired with nike sandals. Today, I wanted to venture Miami since I only have one day left. The flea market is popping here so I took an Uber there. I bought a few items for myself and saw a shirt that I thought Michael would like. After leaving the flea market, I decided to go to the beach. The weather was nice and cool. Surprising no one was really here because the sight of the sun setting was so beautiful. I sat down mesmerized by the waves crashing the sand.

Being here made all of the pain I felt back at home go away. I never wanted to go back home. My thoughts were interrupted by a phone call. I answer without looking. "Hello?"

"Where have you been?"

"What?" I reply back in confusion. I look at my phone and see that this number wasn't saved. "Who is this?"

"Armand."

Silence takes over the phone because I didn't know what to say. I blocked his phone number since I chose to stay with Michael for a few days. I don't want him knowing about this other lifestyle that I have. Nor did I want interruption of our time.

"Why did you block me? Don't I take good care of you? I know what I said was mean but we have an agreement and I expect you to follow those rules."

"Armand. This isn't going to work. I'm sorry."

"What? No, this is never going to be over. You are mine. I own you. I buy you everything you want. I've invested in you! What about the job opportunities I've  placed on you lap! Without me, you wouldn't even have it."

I sit on the bench and zone out on what he's saying. The manipulation I've faced throughout the years knowing this man has gone out of my control. Before I knew it I hung up in his face. Not even 5 seconds later I received a phone call again from him and I kept on ignoring them. I sat there for while and gotten used to the vibration pattern of my phone but I looked down this time and it was Michael.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby. Where are you? I'm back at the room." He said softly. I could tell he was up to something  because of the movement in the background I heard on the phone.

"I'm at the beach. Right across from the hotel. You should join me."

I could tell he was smiling. "I'll be there in a moment."

My phone continues to vibrate and this time I take off the vibration and put it on silent. I get off the bench and walk towards the water and let the water touch my feet. My hair blows in the wind. I bend over to touch the water, that was cool to the touch. I feel arms wrap around me and a kiss on my neck.

"I've missed you today. Your hair smells so good by the way" he added with a chuckle.

I grab his hand. "Thank you baby. I've missed you too. How were the meetings?"

"I decided not to go with the deal. It just wasn't right."

I turn around to look at him. "Why not? I thought you liked the guy and he had a good pitch"