Opposites Attract I: Part 14: Irrational Choice

Michael's POV

The same night.

Sitting in the house was depressing enough for me. All I thought about was Lauryn. I wonder how she is doing. If she is thinking of me. How is her day going? I haven't talked to her since I left. Leaving her wasn't a purposeful thing. It was more of an impulse that I should have never done. I knew it wasn't her fault and why she did not tell me. She didn't want to ruin us. I understand why because she didn't want to lose me, which she couldn't. I love her too much. I haven't been working and doing what I should have been doing for my business and it's all because of her. I want to call and pop up on her but I'm sure she doesn't expect for me to come back. I've went too long without talking to her. I grab my phone to call her but I get a text from Sterling and see a picture is attached. It's Lauryn sitting on Drake's lap in a private room courtesy of TheShadeRoom. It states that they've had a previous relationship and went into vivid details. I go to the blog and see old pictures of them in a restaurant setting a few months back and a picture of her leaving his hotel in Atlanta.

I know this is old but why is he kissing her in this current picture. Plus, she looks really comfortable. On his Instagram story, she looks very comfortable too as he called her his "favorite girl". I toss my phone and go down to my personal gym to let my anger out. I constantly hit the bag to the point my knuckles hurt. I did push-ups, drills and punched the bag some more. All I can think about is her and why do I love her as hard as I do. Why does she give me the willpower to do right by her? Why do I want to be her man when we are obviously different people? Our lifestyles and upbringing don't even match. How is it possible that we met and I fell in love on my first night with her? I'm mad and in love.

I throw my gloves on the floor and lay on the floor looking at my ceiling. I feel tears that want to fall but I won't let them. I get up and go to the couch and grab my phone. I see there are more texts and I read them.

Can I see you tonight?

I've been thinking about you hard and I'm sorry for ignoring you. I had some shit I had to take care of.

I hesitantly think of how to respond or should I even give in right now. But fuck it. I need her badly tonight.

Come over. The door will be open.

This girl may be the death of me but I need her. I shower quickly and wait for her in basketball shorts. I hear the doorbell and there she was. Naked under her long coat.