Opposites Attract II: Part 10 - Caught Up

Lauryn's POV
I walk inside of our home throwing off whatever garments I have left from the day and follow the noise coming from Liv's bedroom. I knock on the door to make my presence known before entering. She lies on the bed with Melanie and MJ crawling on top of her and playfully pulling her hair. I sit down on the bed and the two of them notice my presence and embrace me.

"Please get your wild children, ma'am!" her face was red from being smothered by them.

I lay down on the opposing side of the bed blowing raspberries onto their warm necks. Seeing them made my day complete. I kiss their little hands as Olivia begins a conversation.

"How was your first day back?" She sat up in excitement

"It was a day I will not forget, literally."

"Okay..aren't you not going to tell me?" I look up and her green eyes stared into mine checking out what I was going to say next. "Oh, I know this shit is about to be juicy c'mon! I am listening."

I take a deep sigh. "Before Michael left, his good friends Steelo and his wife are in the process of forming a reality show and he proposed the idea to him first. It's basically a housewives show. I instantly said no and I was not open to the idea of my personal life being known to everyone cause of what I used to do. I am in a space of peace and alienation from my old life. We went out to the game, it was the night you babysat for us. Both of them were there again and Naomi and I spoke and I was feeling her out because the last time I have been around her was at my wedding. So, the wanch decided to bring up the show saying I was 'worthy' and 'I would have no issue with the spotlight on me because I am used to it.'"

Olivia covers her mouth, "No, she didn't say that." A peep of laughter breaks from her lips

"You better believe it! Anyway, I played it off but I was still pissed and expressed how I felt to Michael and he told me he would take care of it. We left it like that. Fast forward to the day I dropped him off at the airport. As we were walking to the terminal, a paparazzi came to us and snapped photos of us and asked us about us being on the show."

"BITCH!"

"That's the same thing I said in my head. Liv, I was so fucking upset that I do not know what I said to him. I flashed out. Michael calmed me down and he made me promise not to have any contact with Steelo or Naomi."

"Aht! Let's cut to the part where you met up with her because I know your stubborn self did." Her hand was raised.

I place my hand on my forehead, "We met up and she apologized. After that, she brought up why she wanted me on the show and from the way she said it pretty damn convincing. For once, I thought 'this chick does not know shit about me' but she has been watching. She was rambling about how I should be apart of it because Michael and I are dominating the area but I don't know about all that." Olivia lays back down and examines the high ceiling. Her gestures were off because she would always have something to say. I lay next to her. "What's up? What 'chu thinking about."

"I worry about you sometimes," She sighs again. "You have been doing great since you moved here and I refuse to let all that go down the drain for the love I have for you. You are making twice that if you would have if you stayed in Atlanta, you found your sexy again, and you live a lifestyle ho's would suck hundreds of dicks for. I am dead ass serious. Look, if you do the show, I want you to know I got your back one hundred percent and I want you to be protected. A lot of things come with being in public life, you have seen what I went through with mixing business with pleasure when I wanted to sing. I was back at where I started again, dancing and getting into wild ass shit. I feel as if I repay you as a friend because I have not been the best. You brought me here to a safe place in this beautiful home and I love being around you, Michael and my little chocolate drop Mel-Mel and Jr. I don't want you to lose everything because you signed your name on a dotted line. Make sure you dot it right. That's all I'm going to say."