Opposites Attract I: Part 17 - I Can't Get Over You

I sit in my car asking myself, 'Why am I here and I am fresh out of a relationship?' over and over again. This morning Chadwick decided to call and ask what were my plans for today because he wanted to have lunch with me. Initially, I hesitated because I still missed Michael regardless of what he did. I felt like what he did wasn't him and that he was truly sorry. It's that I couldn't give in so quickly to him. I had to let him know what he had. It just hurts more because I personally knew who he hooked up with. It made me see why Olivia was never feeling her from the jump when I introduced them to one another. She always saw her as a jealous person with motives for a come up. I check my phone and see there was a missed call from Michael. He's been calling for the past two days and I am not in the mood to hear it. I know he's sorry but I'm not ready to come to the realization that he did this to me. The clock read 2:56 PM. I'm dreading these four minutes to see if I am wrong for accepting his offer to lunch but I can't be after what Michael did to me. The disrespect and lack of thought he had about a quick fuck and assumptions made me realize if our relationship was just a thrill to him. Was it true love or was it lust? I know he's met women all over the world and he claims to truly love me. But how could you love someone so much but after one break up, you fuck someone within five days? My love for him is real but just because the sex is good doesn't mean I will stay. I understand this is a lifestyle change but I need monogamy from him. For once in my life, I want stability.

I look at myself in the mirror for the last time to lie down there flyaways on the top of my hair. I walk into the bistro and see Chadwick sitting by the window drinking his tea. Damn, he was fine.

"Hi, there."

"Wow. You look beautiful and hey. I'm glad you are here on short notice."

I smelled his natural scent on his freshly washed shirt as I embraced him. I felt his fingers get intertwined with my hair as I let go. This man is beyond sexy. I look into his eyes and sip on the drink he ordered for me while he waited for my arrival.

"Thank you. I wasn't doing much and I wanted to see you once more. You were really good company the night before."

"You were too. I enjoyed you and couldn't stop thinking about you." He held my hands and stared at me deeply in my eyes. I felt myself getting hot for him quickly so I let go of his hands.

Why am I feeling so guilty for being attracted to a man when I'm basically single. But damn the more I look at him, the more tempting it is to not want to get to know him better. His smile was contagious and I had no option but to smile back. Then there was his laugh. It was strong and you could tell it came from the heart.

"You from around here? I've never seen you before."

"No. I'm from South Carolina. I recently moved here."

"Why?"

"For a job. I work as a security guard for an agency. It's holding me down for now until I find a job for what I went to school for soon."

"What'd you major in?" I bit unto my sandwich and took a short sip of my drink.

"Mechanical engineering." He toyed with his fork and watched from over my shoulder.

"What's wrong? You see someone?"

"I just thought I saw someone familiar."

"Oh. No one is going to run over here and snatch my hair huh?" I slightly look over my shoulder nervously but I didn't see anyone in particular.

"No no." He chuckles and rubs my hand. "Never that."

After an hour of talking about everything that was on my mind, I felt relieved to have someone there to understand what I'm going through. This break up has been hard and I don't know how to cope with Michael cheating on me. Being with Chadwick gave me a breath of fresh air and I do see myself spending more time with him. Chadwick and I are walking with my arm wrapped around his and I see Michael sitting at the bar staring at me.