2

Lexi's POV

"Do you want to go and get a drink with me?" Jack asked and I nodded, following him to the kitchen. 

"How about a Gilinsky special?" He smiled, picking up a red solo cup from the stack of them on the counter. 

"Sure, why not?" I replied, watching as he picked up various bottles of different colored alcohols and poured them one by one into the plastic cup. The music blasted around us, groups of people dancing with, and on, each other. 

"Alright, tell me how it is." Jack said, handing me the red cup as I lifted it up to my lips, feeling the cool liquid burn down my throat. 

"Strong, but good." I smiled. 

"So tell me about yourself." He asked over the music, filling up his cup with a few different liquids. 

"Hm..." I hummed, taking a sip of my drink, "Less talking, more drinking, Jack." I said, causing him to laugh as I drag him back to find Sam and the others. We found the group standing in a small circle in the living room, chatting to themselves, as we joined in.

"Anyone up for something to do?" Dennis asked.

"Truth or dare maybe?" Jack suggested, the one who'd caught my eye when we were introduced to each other at this party. I took another sip of the drink.

"That's so basic" Sam answered is response to his suggested.

"Do you got any better ideas, Sam?" Gilinsky said to her.

"Fine..." She sighed.

"I'll go get you a drink because you are going to need one for the truth or dare we play" Jack Johnson said to Sam, walking away.

"Who's playing?" Gilinsky asked.

"Us four and then Dennis and Tammy" Sam said, gesturing to the other people standing around us. 

"Let's go out to the campfire" Gilinsky said, leading the way.

"Shouldn't we get home?" I asked Sam.

"Not yet." She shook her head, following Gilinsky out to the backyard.

"Alright, who wants to go first?" Johnson asked once he returned with Sam's drink, and we were all seated. 

Three Hours Later... 

"We should get going but we had a lot of fun." Sam said as I followed her out the door.

"See you at school." Gilinsky said to me, his hand resting lightly on my back as he was standing right next to me, but it was as if I could barely hear him.

"See you tomorrow..." I said, the air inside the house suddenly feeling warm. 

"Ready to go Lex?" I heard from a few feet away, turning my head to see Sam standing in front of the open door. I nodded, walking out the front door with her. Johnson closed it behind us and we got in the car that was parked a little bit down the street. I pulled out my phone that was in my purse, seeing that is was now 2:18 am.

"My mom is going to kill me..." I said out loud as the car started. 

"You'll be fine. I've done this before." Sam stated calmly. 

I rested my head on my arm as I looked out my window at the streetlamps in the dark as they went by in a blur. The car suddenly turned off and I looked at Sam in confusion, before realizing that we were home. We got out and walked up the front door, Sam opening it after putting the key in. I followed her inside and when we got in, noticed that the kitchen light was on. 

"Girls. Come here please." I heard my moms voice, but again, sounding like I could barely hear her. 

"Good, it's just your mom." Sam said under her breath as we walked into the kitchen. There was my mom, leaning against the counter in her pajamas and robe, and Carl sitting at a the table. 

"I went upstairs because I needed to talk to you about something, I was hoping you were awake because it was late, but you weren't there. I went to see if Lexi was there and she wasn't either." Carl said, glaring at Sam and then at me.

"I went to study with Tammy and Dennis, for our science quiz. And letting Lexi get to know some people." She stated, the lies flowing out.

"Were there any other people there?" He asked.

"No." She shook her head.

"What about the Jacks?" He questioned looking between the two of us.

"I told you. Tammy, Dennis, Lexi and I. That's all." She said.

"Ok." He sighed. "Just go to bed please."

Sam began walking up the stairs so I followed.

"Lexi. Not so fast."  I turned around, seeing my mom looking at me.

"This is a fresh start for you and I and I don't want you already acting like how you used to." She said. I rolled my eyes, and walked up the stairs, holding onto the railing. I made it to my room but was stopped by Riley.

"Does she know?" He asked, leaning against the wall.

"Know what?" I asked, confused.

"That you're drunk." He said slightly amused.

"Is it that obvious?" I sighed, looking at him.

"A little." He said, walking into his room and returning with a bottle of Advil in his hand.

"Here." He said, handing it to me. "Get some rest."

"Thanks Ri." I smiled, my head pounding as I quietly shut the door to my room across from his. I sat down on the bed, and found the water bottle that was in my backpack and took a sip of it, swallowing a couple pills. I changed into a pair of leggings from a box labeled 'Lexi's room' and found a t shirt in there that I threw on. I turned off the light and tried to fall asleep.

"Lexi, wake up, we have to leave in 20 minutes." I heard my brother's voice. I opened my eyes to see him standing at the door.

"Mom made us lunches, so you just have to get ready." He said, closing my door behind him. I groaned, getting out of bed and walking over to the box that I'd gotten clothes out of the previous night. I found a sweatshirt from a concert I went to a couple years ago but it was a couple sizes too big at the time, so I threw that on, letting it hang down, the sleeves too long. I opened my door and walked downstairs to see everyone eating breakfast, and found a seat between my mom and Sam. 

"Morning." My mom stated, not even bothering to look at me.

---A/N--- 

sorry that chapter was boring, it was a filler but i'm

so excited

for

this

book :))))

-lexi