46

Lexi's POV

"I'm still nervous, babe." Jack said over the phone as I did my makeup. Today was my 19th birthday and the Jacks, Sammy, and Skye were coming over to celebrate with me. Riley and my mom would be home as well. 

"Jack, don't be, my mom knows you're coming, and she knows we're together. And Riley knows too. He's cool with you now, you know that right?" I reassured my boyfriend. 

"So you're telling me that he doesn't hate my guts?" Jack asked me. 

"No, he was just being protective of me, he said as long as I'm happy he's happy." I told him. I picked up my mascara and put Jack on speakerphone so I could set my phone down. 

"Okay... well Johnson and I will be there in about an hour, around 4:00, is that okay?" He asked. 

"Yeah, that's perfect. Thank you babe." I smiled as I put a second coat of mascara on. 

"Of course, I wouldn't miss your birthday for the world baby. I'll see you soon." He said, before hanging up. I grabbed my lip gloss and put some on, before plugging in my hair straightener. About half an hour later I was ready. I heard the doorbell ring only a few minutes later. 

"I got it." I called as I went downstairs to answer the door. I opened it to see a smiling Skye. 

"Happy birthday, girl!" She said, hugging me. 

"Thank you! Come in." I smiled. We walked into the kitchen where my mom was having a cup of coffee. 

"Hey Skye, I'm Lexi's mom, Deb." My mom smiled at Skye. 

"Hi Deb, nice to meet you!" Skye smiled back. 

"Can I get you anything to drink?" I asked Skye as I grabbed myself a water a bottle. 

"I'm good with water for now." She nodded. I grabbed a second water bottle out of the fridge. 

"You should show me your paintings, I remember you mentioning how much you love painting." Skye suggested as we walked into the living room. 

"Oh yeah! My room's upstairs." I said, and we were about to turn into my room when Riley walked out of his room. 

"Uh, hey." He said, looking at Skye. Please no... 

"I'm Riley." He smiled, with a slight smirk. He glanced at me for a second and I rolled my eyes. 

"I'm Skye." She smiled at him. 

"Okay, you guys can drool over each other later." I said with a laugh, grabbing Skye's arm and pulling her towards my room. 

"Why didn't you tell me your brother was hot?" Skye asked, watching him walk away. 

"Hmm maybe because that would be gross if I thought he was hot?" I playfully rolled my eyes at her. I pushed my bedroom door open and opened my closet, pulling out a stack of paintings. Skye looked through the stack with interest. 

"Woah, these are so good." She said to me. 

"Thank you." I responded. We were only in my room for about ten minutes, until I heard a knock on the door. We went back down and I opened it to see Gilinsky and Johnson. 

"Happy birthday princess." My boyfriend greeted me with a kiss. 

"Happy birthday Lex." Johnson said, giving me a hug. My mom walked towards the door. 

"Hey G." My mom smiled, pulling Jack into a hug. She hugged Johnson as well. I was about to close the door when I heard Sammy's voice. I looked outside and saw Sam and Shayne walking up the driveway.

"Hey..." I said to her, hugging her when she got to the door. 

"Happy birthday dude!" She excitedly said. 

"Happy birthday, Lexi." Shayne said with a smile. 

"Thank you." I smiled. I closed the door behind me. I made eye contact with G and he looked a little guilty. I pulled him down the hall out of earshot of everyone else who was now in the living room. 

"What is Shayne doing here? I thought they were done?" I asked him in a whisper. 

"I told her to invite him, he wanted to see her before he leaves. I thought you wouldn't mind him being here. I'm sorry." He shrugged. 

"I don't mind him being here but it just would've been nice to know beforehand that he was coming. It's okay." I nodded. We went back to the group and we just sat around talking for awhile until we got hungry and ordered pizzas. 

"Lex, can I talk to you for a second?" My mom asked me as we were watching a movie waiting for the delivery to get here. 

"Yeah?" I asked, getting off the couch and going to the front hall where my mom was waiting. 

"I'm gonna go spend the night at aunt Jamie's house. I figured you guys should have the house for yourself tonight so you can have some fun without your mom around spoiling it." She smiled, kissing me on the cheek before going out the front door. I closed the door behind her and when I went back to the living room, Skye and the Jacks were looking at me. 

"Alcohol time?" Skye smirked. 

"If we had any." I sighed. 

"Maybe you should go take a look in the garage." Johnson shrugged, with a smile. I gave him a suspicious look before going out to the garage and finding multiple bags from the liquor store. I don't know how they got them in there without me or my mom seeing, but they did. 

"Wouldn't have been a true party being 100% sober, right?" Gilinsky asked, apparently following me to the garage. 

"You guys bought so much, jeez." I laughed, and he helped me bring it in. As I was looking for cups, I heard a knock on the door. 

"Is someone else coming?" I asked, confused. Johnson answered the door and in came a few dozen people. I recognized everyone from the Jacks usual parties. 

"Oh my gosh." I smiled, looking around at everyone, a lot of them wishing me happy birthday. 

"Let the real party begin!" Johnson yelled. I saw Riley plug his phone into the stereo and music started to play. 

"You guys did all this for me?" I asked G as he started to pour some drinks. 

"Yeah, you seemed kinda bummed about the fact that we wouldn't be able to really party, so we made a plan to get your mom out of the house, to do this." He laughed. 

"Thank you. I love you." I said, kissing him. It felt soon to say it, but I knew this night was gonna be unforgettable.